General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The Black Rose on exhibit at Atlanta International Auto Show!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 03:31 PM

Did I stop by at a bad time?

That's a nice looking whip, congrats!

Old 04-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
Thanks, yeah thought that too along with others, but Im not popular enough here, lol. At least she is MOTY every year in my eyes with all that she has transformed into. I will give you the video link when you shoot me an email.
Close race down to wire on MOTY. It had me kinda nervous there for awhile. Congrats on the show that is pretty cool.

edit: pretty sure or at least when I got my certificate it Mike emailed it to me and I printed it off from there. He said it less of a hassle that way and you could print it on any paper you would like then.

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 04-09-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I used to mail out the certificates to winners. Mike emails them to you. Much easier and quicker that way.

Now if we can get this thread back on track, please.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Wow, that's awesome. Your car looked fresh and it was in a show like that... That's just awesome.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:51 AM

I love the splitter with the NASCAR rods holding it in place. Need to find your original build thread on that, Lisa.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Yeah 4 1/2 months without even a simple reply to a few messages and emails is ok tho, lol. I saw my pm on FB was read but still not even a reply back. It takes a long time to just even reply with, "I will get to that" or "yes I received your information" ? When I see someone has time to make posts before during and after my messages and still not even an "ok, got ya" or anything. Thats fine lol. Call me what you want. I WASNT complaining that I didnt get one yet, I was saying I dont even get answers/responses/replys to acknowledge my messages/emails. So call me an "ungrateful child" and "selfish" for me just wanting a simple response of any kind. You are missing the point. It only takes just as long if not less time wise to give a reply than commenting in a thread. Thats all I was asking for. DONE!

Old 04-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

You done now?

Everyone on the staff, including ChibiBlackSheep Mike, is aware you want a MOTM certificate. Mike emails them out rather than printing and sending by USPS like I did. He'll email it to you.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy journey.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:22 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I deleted a few posts, including one of my own, to get this thread back on track. Lisa's certificate is being taken care of. Please move on.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
Oh yeah, I have been asking for my MOTM certificate since late December. I waited till March and asked again, giving all info again, still no reply. I think it is rude when the person in charge of them wont even respond to my emails and pms. Takes 2 seconds to acknowledge an inquiry. If said person doesnt want to be bothered with making me one or replying to me, then maybe someone else can make it. I wanted it to display at my shows.
Lisa,
I'm going to base my reply on this message, the one that took this thread off track.
First, working as an I.T. professional, spending a lot of time in various customer service roles as well as a lot of time in these online arenas there (not to mention all the online selling I have done) there are a couple of things I've learned:
1. - Sometimes what people write don't always convey the correct tone in which they intended it.
2. - There are different types of people when it comes to email and texting. Some are the people who always have to have the last word (so no matter what you send, they send you something back). Or, people who are tasked with something and don't reply until the task is completed. And there are lots of other varieties of people in this mix (those are two I can label off the top of my head).

I can't tell you the countless amount of times I've seen written communications get things messed up in our ultra connected world.

Add with that the issue of "Well, I called your cell phone, you should have answered", how about no. We as a society do not need to be available 24/7 just because the technology is there. This is why I sometimes enjoy a weekend get away to places where my cell phone does not work and they lack Internet access (these places do exist).

I understand that Mike may not have taken 2 seconds to reply. I don't know for sure, but I am going to guess that he did not reply as he intended his next reply to be your cert and he chose to post on something else he felt he had impact on (a time management thing I suppose).

I can tell you, Mike did not mean to slight you in any manner. If it means anything, he meant to email Lou and I our MOTM certs. I completely forgot about it up until seeing this post and he got us our certs I believe after he emailed yours out.

Internet Brands does not pay any of the MCF.com staff for anything that we do here (this is strictly volunteer work). Not often, but sometimes this volunteer job comes with members who tell us rudely what they think (and many of those people are no longer on here). And admittedly, some days we can't give as much attention to things here as we would like. Each one of us has obligations offline to tend to (I'm sure I speak for all the staff when I say, "family and work come before our roles with MCF.com"). I know Mike's offline obligations and issues have already been brought up in this thread.

Looking at the post you made that I quoted. I'm going to explain how that looks to me (I'm not going to say that my interpretation is accurate, but that's how those words come across to me):
- An attempt to use vague verbiage to publicly shame a volunteer of the MCF.com staff because they did not meet your expectations.

In my opinion, if you felt ignored or had an issue, I personally feel it would have been best to contact any of the other MCF.com staff members (MAMONTE, TAZ, STUMPMI and myself are usually active enough to respond back in a timely manner). Even though we don't handle the certs, some of us have other ways of reaching Mike or could give you an update or bottom line do something to try and help. But to my knowledge no attempts were made to reach out to anyone else about this matter.
For anyone interested, all staff members are listed here (take a moment to check their profile for a last time logged in if you are concerned if they are active on a regular basis):
Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums - FAQ: MonteCarloForum Specific FAQs
Anytime ANYONE has a problem with a MCF.com staff member, I encourage them to contact another member before trying to call someone out.

At this point in time, I am requesting all parties involved in the issues that resulted from the post I quoted, drop it immediately. Privately reflect on the situation that has transpired. Take a moment to think about how you handle customer service issues (from the customer side and the business side). As a customer, how do you feel you should approach a situation that you do not feel you are getting satisfaction on, in a manner that will motivate the business to assist with out insulting them. And from the business end, how do you feel you should most effectively respond to a customer's questions/concerns and how can you do so in a timely manner.

If anyone has further comments, questions, concerns on this matter, please feel free to Private Message me about them (other wise, at this point if you post them in this thread, I am authorizing the staff to remove any further posts pertaining to the above item to get this thread back on track or lock it).

At this point, , let's move back to what this thread is about and that is Lisa's customized '00 Pace Car Interior Swap.

Thank you everyone for your time.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:30 AM
Cool `amen >The End<

Thanks Admin `Jason & Staff for your time & dedication
to the MCF

or written...
The Black `Rose is `Beautiful

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-13-2015 at 07:18 AM. Reason: *Sometimes a car is a Winner, but the owner is not *

Quick Reply: The Black Rose on exhibit at Atlanta International Auto Show!