General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Belt Tensioner breaking apart at 4,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Default RE: Belt Tensioner breaking apart at 4,000 miles

That's why Customers never want to go back to a "Domestic" car because of the customer service, which is my point. Why back to a bad experience once you have nothing but good service. I want to keep buying Chevrolets, but not with a Dealer that lies and does not admit when they have broken a part. I did have a good experience with one Chevrolet Dealer but they had gone out of business a few years ago.

"When a business depends on its past strength to drive its growth and fend off new challenges, it tends to become inward-focused and rest on its laurels. You can see a classic example of that behavior in American automobile manufacturer Ford (NYSE: F). The onetime innovator and industry leader owed its early dominance to having pioneered the assembly-line manufacturing that allowed it to cost-effectively mass produce cars.

Yet the company ossified over time, becoming inflexible and inefficient. For instance, it took until about 1982 before Ford accepted the quality control ideas of W. Edwards Deming, even though Deming had been revolutionizing Japanese industry with his teachings since the 1950s. More recently, Ford literally had decades to study, learn from, and emulate the operational successes of foreign "upstarts" such as Toyota (NYSE: TM) and Honda (NYSE: HMC). Yet it wasn't until its most recent bout of significant financial trouble that Ford started really making the tough changes needed to assure it has a chance to even survive into the future."

Old 03-16-2007, 09:30 AM

[align=center]
The Demise of the American Auto Industry and the Rise of Toyota - Quality vs Quantity / Companies / Analysis & Strategy[/align][align=center]The Market OracleThe Demise of the American Auto Industry and the Rise of Toyota ...The Market Oracle,UK- 1 hour agoLast year alone, the US auto manufacturers laid off 150000 workers. And looking ahead, their plans for downsizing sometimes look more like blueprints for ...

View the Entire Article[/align][align=center]Click above[/align][align=center]I use this site for class research & more.[/align][align=center]I hope that you find it useful.
[/align]

Old 03-16-2007, 03:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Some have commented that's what's going to happen with Daimler/Chrysler.

The company that was once credited with introducing the mini-van have now had to catch up to other immulators.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:26 AM

2006 Impala SS with a belt tensioner that broke at 16,000 miles.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46496

Old 03-21-2007, 04:24 AM

Welcome to owning a 'domestic' auto. Don't get me wrong, I own a monte carlo too, however, if I was looking for something with 0 issues on dependability/reliability then I'd buy Honda, Toyota, or Nissan. Just my .02 worth.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

every car is going to have its defects...its just you dont drive any of the imports so you dont know what they are, and in my opinion if something goes wrong with the toyota or honda or any jap car its going to cost a heck of a lot more to fix the problem than anything on our chevy's

i haven't had any problems on my car yet...and i would probably guess that the only problems that wouldn't be covered under warranty are going to be general wear on the car...

that belt tensioner was covered under warranty was it not?? should be...