General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

automatic start question 01 monte SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:05 PM

A (probably) black box. It'll have quite a few wires running to it. I'm thinking the previous owner more than likely had a system installed and then removed it to put into their next vehicle before selling it. Hence why you didn't get anything for the system.

It'll more than likely be right inside after you take that panel off, there's really no place to bury it so it should be pretty easy to find.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
A (probably) black box. It'll have quite a few wires running to it. I'm thinking the previous owner more than likely had a system installed and then removed it to put into their next vehicle before selling it. Hence why you didn't get anything for the system.

It'll more than likely be right inside after you take that panel off, there's really no place to bury it so it should be pretty easy to find.
pull the panel off okay ill go look now..

Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS

The LS has a little black box that reads Model555L but the SS does not... would that be it for the ls

Old 05-13-2013, 10:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

FYI - That sticker clearly confirms it's an aftermarket remote start by the fact it tells you to pull a fuse that is on an inline wire to the battery. Not a factory setup.

As far as the box to find, since this is aftermarket equipment I don't think any of us can tell you what markings will be on it. But as Mike mentioned, typically installers tuck there under the driver side kick panel. There might be 2 units (one, which is probably smaller) could be the security bypass for PassLock. Odds are the "main" unit (which is what you need to identify) will probably have 2-3 wiring harnessing plugging into it. If you follow any of the wires, you will probably find them spliced into numerous wires under the dash (many may go to the BCM, Body Control Module, which is located behind the e-brake pedal towards the firewall). The module is probably zip-tied or free floating up under the dash.

BTW - It's late and I just realized, duh, you have a model number of a module. That Model555L, I plugged into Google, it's the passlock bypass for an aftermarket remote start. This looks to be the manual for it:
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...555L_7-02B.pdf

It should connect to another module and that would be your remote start unit.