General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

automatic start question 01 monte SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Default automatic start question 01 monte SS

Under the Hood is a yellow sticker that says this car is factory equipped with remote start. But I don't know how to doit. My 03 Ls. U push lock unlock lock and it starts what's the code for the 01 SS

Old 05-13-2013, 05:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 16With01MonteSS
Under the Hood is a yellow sticker that says this car is factory equipped with remote start. But I don't know how to doit. My 03 Ls. U push lock unlock lock and it starts what's the code for the 01 SS
Maybe try holding both at once? (Lock unlock)

Holding for 3 secs and release?

Old 05-13-2013, 05:38 PM

You don't have a factory remote start - GM never offered it until the refreshed 6th gens came out in 2006.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
You don't have a factory remote start - GM never offered it until the refreshed 6th gens came out in 2006.
Mike thats odd... That its stickered as haveing it...
Maybe... it was a "Special" option.. if you ordered from the factory new?
and didnt become a "standard" option til 2006?

Just curious... Cause I have no idea...

Maybe he could go to the dealer with the VIN...
and see if in fact it did come as a "special" option?
Then possibly find out if it did...what the sequence is?

Old 05-13-2013, 06:15 PM

It was never available, period. From 00 to 05 you would have to get an aftermarket system. I'm sure there are systems out there that you could integrate into the factory remote, but odds are this aftermarket remote start has its own fob (like most do) and if you don't have the remote you can't use it.

Look under the drivers side dash for the module to find what brand it is. Mine has a sticker under the hood, too. I have an Avital system and it has its own key fob, looks similar to the stock one, though. The stock fobs still work they just don't start the car.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm with Mike on this. The sticker was probably put on by the installer of the aftermarket system. I added a remote start with keyless entry to my wife's Impala a couple years back (even though the car has factory keyless entry, we wanted one fob that does it all).

If the module does not have a brand name or model on it, you should at least be able to get an FCC ID off it. There are sites out there where you can pop in an FCC ID and it will return data pertaining to it (such as a model and manufacturer in most cases).

Old 05-13-2013, 08:31 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I'm with Mike on this. The sticker was probably put on by the installer of the aftermarket system. I added a remote start with keyless entry to my wife's Impala a couple years back (even though the car has factory keyless entry, we wanted one fob that does it all).

If the module does not have a brand name or model on it, you should at least be able to get an FCC ID off it. There are sites out there where you can pop in an FCC ID and it will return data pertaining to it (such as a model and manufacturer in most cases).

Old 05-13-2013, 08:38 PM

It says this on the car under the hood so i dont understand. Can someone help me out with what to do to make this work.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 PM

You look under the access panel, bottom of the dash, drivers side. You'll want to find a manufacturer and hopefully a model number on the control module for the system.

With that you can search online to find if that system uses its own remote or what and then get the proper remotes to make it work.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
You look under the access panel, bottom of the dash, drivers side. You'll want to find a manufacturer and hopefully a model number on the control module for the system.

With that you can search online to find if that system uses its own remote or what and then get the proper remotes to make it work.
what am i looking for.?

Quick Reply: automatic start question 01 monte SS