General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Anyone in SPL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011 | 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by M.C.BOB
Looks like I'm going to have to send the alt back to DC. The screw/nut digs into the manifold so I can't put the power wire on. I'm tempted to just send it back and get my money back. So disappointed
DC Power strikes again If you do send it back and get a refund, I suggest you get your next alt from Mechman. Have you tried talking to either of the guys at DC to see if there's a workaround? For your sake I hope there is. Keep us in the loop.

Old 05-24-2011 | 02:37 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Decided to send the alt back and get a refund with a loss (they charged a restocking fee).

But enough about that. I finally turned around my box (port/subs facing the back) and I can't really tell a difference inside the car, maybe a little less air movement. But it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape from my trunk lol. I haven't got metered so I don't know if it actually helped or not.

There's a competition in a few weeks I'm going to try and go to so if I don't get a new box built by then, we'll find out and I'll post results.

Speaking of a new box. I'm going to get one built here soon hopefully; using a 6" aero port. I'm thinking fire the port to the right and subs facing back, what do you all think?