General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Anyone in SPL?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Alt should FINALLY be here this week. I'll get a video up if all goes smoothly.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member

Update:

Now just to find the time to install it.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

How did you get that. They wont even email me back so I can order it.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member

A buddy of mine knows the owner and he ordered it for me; even then it still took a while for them to ship it. When I emailed them for some prices they emailed back w/in 24 hours. Try emailing them again.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Ya, I got the overall email with what they have and prices, then I emailed them back for which one I thought I wanted and never herd a peep. Maby Ill try again sometime.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Anyone know what kind of prices they have?

Old 04-04-2011, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Ya, I got the overall email with what they have and prices, then I emailed them back for which one I thought I wanted and never herd a peep. Maby Ill try again sometime.
Give them a call and raise hell.

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Anyone know what kind of prices they have?
Too much I got the SP 270, it goes for I think $480, I paid $420 shipped. It's a nice investment imo. I think the stock alt is actually giving out.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:04 PM

150 out of ur trunk is possible but not easy at all. Its far more involved than just buying beastly products and cranking the bass and volume. You can have the best of the best but if the install isn't right, box design/build not solid, and all of the other small things overlooked, you can easily get embarrassed by someone with inferior products.

For only being into car audio such a short time and with the system you have now you sure have set a lofty goal by aiming or 150! Be prepared to spend a few thousand to get there, its going to take lots of experimentation, testing, and a lot of patience.

As for ur current setup, a 140 is alright for 2 12's but you have 2500 watts on them so I figured ur score would be higher........until I seen ur box placement. When u hit that 140, was ur box firing forward like pictured? If so, I think you should turn it around and do some testing with placement, I can almost guarantee you it will gain just by doing that. Cause when firing forward and not having the front of the box sealed off from the trunk, you are experiencing a noticeable amount of cancellation, which hurts ur db scores.

Only took a month to get ur alt, that's actually not too bad for dc!

Old 04-06-2011, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Milhouse
150 out of ur trunk is possible but not easy at all. Its far more involved than just buying beastly products and cranking the bass and volume. You can have the best of the best but if the install isn't right, box design/build not solid, and all of the other small things overlooked, you can easily get embarrassed by someone with inferior products.

For only being into car audio such a short time and with the system you have now you sure have set a lofty goal by aiming or 150! Be prepared to spend a few thousand to get there, its going to take lots of experimentation, testing, and a lot of patience.

As for ur current setup, a 140 is alright for 2 12's but you have 2500 watts on them so I figured ur score would be higher........until I seen ur box placement. When u hit that 140, was ur box firing forward like pictured? If so, I think you should turn it around and do some testing with placement, I can almost guarantee you it will gain just by doing that. Cause when firing forward and not having the front of the box sealed off from the trunk, you are experiencing a noticeable amount of cancellation, which hurts ur db scores.

Only took a month to get ur alt, that's actually not too bad for dc!
I'm prepared to spend the money, I'm not expecting to get this done in a month lol. I've already put close to 1500 to get to this point, and there's obviously a lot to work on.

Yes the box was firing into the cabin when I got the 140. The plan is to get an aero ported box firing to the side with a few 6" ports. May try the suggestion you sent me in pm as well (I know a few people that build boxes so it shouldn't be a problem.)

Yea a month isn't too bad from what I've heard lol. Still have yet to get the time/daylight to install it. The case isn't exactly like the stock alt. They sent an extra mounting bracket and I'm not sure how it's going to go on. Hopefully it'll all go on well with no problems. And if it all works out I think I'll add an extra ground from the alt case to the battery.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Also to add to this. As I stated before I had someone order this for me. The guy that ordered this for me knows the ceo of the company, and he still had to call them 2 or 3 times even after it was ordered. You just have to be patient with them. From what I hear their products are top notch. I assume they're just really busy with custom builds. Customer service is definitely something they could improve on.

Quick Reply: Anyone in SPL?