General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2005 Monte Carlo SS Tony Stewart Edition

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 11:46 PM

@BeefSS: Nope, ... Just get yourself a Torx head [screw]driver (the right size; it's a somewhat small one), & locate the head of the adjusting screw just above the fog lens. Turn slowly right or left - preferably at night, so you can watch the results - & you will be all "set".

One little thing I did that made this task easier for me, maybe because I am sooo **** with this stuff ... But block off one fog light at a time. Adjust one against a wall - maybe your garage door or something, or a building, etc. Then cover up the one you just adjusted, & adjust the other. After only three feet or so, the beams begin to converge on each other - which is the idea of fog lights vs. beamed driving lights, per se., & thus makes it a bit more difficult, in my mind, to adjust fogs properly.

After adjusting the second by itself, remove whatever is blocking the other, & see how close you are to them being level - the only adjustment(s) that you will be in control of is "up & down" ... I am sure you will not be dead-on, but pick which one you want to simulate, & raise or lower the other with both uncovered ... You will see what I mean, if you do it this way. Then go out for a ride. If you can, just drive with the fogs on, if they are too high for your liking, pull over & give each one a full turn one way or the other, too low, same thing. I messed around for an hour on night with about7-8 changes in my driveway 7 the parking lot across the street from my house until I was happy.

Something else you might want to think about, get your mitts on a set of Phillips 899's. Boost yourself up from the stock 880's that have only 27watts per bulb to the 899's that have 37.5watts per. double thumbs up!

Last edited by Zeke; 02-24-2012 at 11:49 PM.