General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Exterior question about orange stripe on Tony Stewart edition Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Default Exterior question about orange stripe on Tony Stewart edition Monte Carlo

Hey all, I have a quick question to any that would know, I would like to ask about the orange stripe around the 2005 Tony Stewart Edition Monte Carlo. I have seen some without it, and some with it. Is this actual paint or is this a decal of some sort? I have decided to buy a Monte Carlo and there are two Tony Stewart Edition's I'm decideing over. One has the orange on the bottom, while the other doesn't. What gives?

Old 05-31-2009, 09:43 PM

I'm sure it is a graphic. Hard to say why one doesn't have it though. Someone took it off, either the dealer or an owner. I have heard a lot of pace car editions got the decals taken off to make a sale, could be a deal like that. Good choice on going with the monte, not that any of us here would be biased. I have heard the seats are not very comfortable, but haven't driven one to know for myself. I know the montes are extremely comfy IMO. Good luck with whatever you get and post some pics when you get a chance.

Last edited by ramos87ss; 05-31-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:51 PM

That's interesting, thanks for taking the time to share that ramos87ss. Much appreciated.

Oh, I will definitely post some pics. One or the other will be sitting in my driveway by this friday more than likely!

Last edited by Gator; 05-31-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:07 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It definitely is a decal. I guess some people don't like it on the car, and if those people didn't like it I don't understand why they bought a TS edition in the first place. Another reason might be that the car was in an accident and the decal got destroyed, so the person, after the car got fixed decided not to shell out the price to replace the decal so they took it all off.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

it's vinyl. i have seen a few on autotrader.com that have had the vinyl removed, and i don't quite understand the point. i love my orange and white stripes! i guess not everyone is into it though. to each their own. i think it makes the car's signature package make more sense.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's possible for the car to have been ordered from the factory like that.

If you've ever seen the 2004 Dale Jr edition Monte Carlo, it's filled with a bunch of decals. Not all of them came with them installed on the car. Mine came with all of them installed from the factory. Forum member "JuniorCar" has one that didn't have any of the decals installed on the outside of the car. May have been a modesty type thing when the original owner ordered the car.

It's possible that someone ordered your Tony Stewart edition without the stripe installed. GM won't install it if the person ordering the car didn't want it. Doesn't necessarily mean the car was in an accident or someone ripped them off.

The interior Tony Stewart extras should all be in there though.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:54 PM

i didn't know that (about ordering without the decal packages and about brent's car). i like them all so much more with the decals. it adds a cool touch that makes the car that much more interesting and rare.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When I bought mine, the Chevy dealership had another Dale Jr edition without the stripes on the car. They were rolled up, in a box from the factory, in the trunk.

Maybe the Tony Stewart stripes are in the trunk?

Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My feeling is that if you paid extra to have that special edition car, why wouldn't you have the complete package on the car?

Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 PM

exactly!!! that is 100% how i feel.

Quick Reply: Exterior question about orange stripe on Tony Stewart edition Monte Carlo