General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2002 monte SS "ridin red" project

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSChevyFun
It sounds pretty good. I am definitely interested in it. Would make a good winter project since I have the Monte in storage. I want to do it around the dash just like you have, but also like on the door panels, rockers, and maybe even around my subs in the trunk too. How much did you end up ordering to do the dash? Just so I can gauge how much extra I will need. Allowing a little room for error when installing too. I am not the best with electrical stuff lol
I ordered 35' but I literally went around the whole car. dash, door jambs, back window and trim. If I remeber right the dash was about 6' either you will have to order multiple inverters, run all the wire in one piece or learn how to cut and solder the wire so you can only light where you want. Btw it will look bad *** flashing with your subs in the back. The best way to mount it is to use clear silicon in places where its exposed and use a light gauge wire to mount it in trim (like I did In the dash)

Old 11-20-2013, 03:17 PM

It sounds like a lot of work. I would like to keep it as simple as i can. What is all this about inverters? For example, I would want it across the dash, inside the cupholders, around the creases in the door panels, and around the diameter of the subs. So how would i go about hooking that all up to be able to be switched on and off when i want it and toggled between steady and flashing to the beat of music?

Old 11-20-2013, 03:34 PM
1 Year Member

It sounds like a lot of work. I would like to keep it as simple as i can. What is all this about inverters? For example, I would want it across the dash, inside the cupholders, around the creases in the door panels, and around the diameter of the subs. So how would i go about hooking that all up to be able to be switched on and off when i want it and toggled between steady and flashing to the beat of music?
This is my inverter

2002 monte SS "ridin red" project-forumrunner_20131120_132715.jpg

From their the el wire runs behind the drivers side fuse panel. Then I squezed it through the dash and lined that crease between the teo pieces of trim. From their I ran the wire behind the passenger fuse panel and down the side to the floor where its mounted between the carpet and the pillar trim. It runs from there up the the arm rest trim then back along the back window and back to the fron exactly the same way it came back. Over all that's just under 33' if you want to line all these small areas you either have to use a lot of wire in hidden spots, buy multiple inverters or custom solder.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:52 PM

Ohhhh i see. Well that doesn't seem too difficult then. I think I would just go the route of buying multiple inverters. Does the kit allow you to toggle between steady and flashing and let you control when you want the lights to be on?

Old 11-20-2013, 04:04 PM
1 Year Member

Ohhhh i see. Well that doesn't seem too difficult then. I think I would just go the route of buying multiple inverters. Does the kit allow you to toggle between steady and flashing and let you control when you want the lights to be on?
Yes. It has a on/off/flash setting. I wired mine in to the courtest lights so they turn on with my interior lights and flash with music. You can also adjust sensitivity.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:11 PM

Sounds awesome. I think I will be getting some of it. I will be sure to post the finished product so you can see it. Glad I saw your post. Thanks!

Old 11-20-2013, 04:26 PM
1 Year Member

Sounds awesome. I think I will be getting some of it. I will be sure to post the finished product so you can see it. Glad I saw your post. Thanks!
No problem, I look forward to it, and like I said darrell at EL wire pros is the best.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:21 PM
1 Year Member

Just an update for thoes of you following. Red gets out of the shop tomorow after some delays. I have, wating to be installed, "monte carlo ss" windshield decal, "monte carlo" 3rd brake light decal, HID 12000k kit (got it cheap wanna see what it looks like) and courtesy of my friend darrel at el wire pros I have some CCFL's to light up the trunk (brighter and heaper than LED's) also got the replacement blue led switches and valve covers to replace. So much to do

Old 12-06-2013, 11:34 PM
1 Year Member

IM SOO HAPPY TO HAVE HER BACK! Even in the freezing cold I took the time to install her new headlights. 12000k HID
2002 monte SS "ridin red" project-20131206_211532.jpg

Now she has purple inside and out

Old 12-07-2013, 12:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

glad she's back and all is good

Quick Reply: 2002 monte SS "ridin red" project