General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2002 monte SS "ridin red" project

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Newest MOD! Knight Rider Scan bar (short video)

Old 01-04-2014, 08:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes! Watching the video, I wasn't a big fan of the lights just phasing in and out. But the scanning left and right looks amazing and not something I'd ever really considered for these cars! Not for my car, as I went a totally different direction, but otherwise I'd want to copy this. I'm a big Knight Rider mark...

Old 01-04-2014, 09:15 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Yes! Watching the video, I wasn't a big fan of the lights just phasing in and out. But the scanning left and right looks amazing and not something I'd ever really considered for these cars! Not for my car, as I went a totally different direction, but otherwise I'd want to copy this. I'm a big Knight Rider mark...
Thanks, I like that I can do so many things with it. I always saw the face of my car as... well a face... so i thought the breathing would look good. Especially when I rev the engine.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The one down side is the knights crest in the way. I'd look at a mode that worked with something in the center.

Neat add-on!

Old 01-04-2014, 10:22 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
The one down side is the knights crest in the way. I'd look at a mode that worked with something in the center.

Neat add-on!
The modes coming from the middle look good. Like the lights are coming from the knights crest. The lights you are seeing are actually a reflection. It worked well being the only place the bar would mount.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

Project he says....lot of work he says. Welcome to the club man, hope you have extra money laying around....it's a long road. lol

Old 01-22-2014, 08:05 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by PacerSS
Project he says....lot of work he says. Welcome to the club man, hope you have extra money laying around....it's a long road. lol
Hahaha thanks, I started this when I first got the car and it hasn't all gone the direction I wanted at first but I'v learned a lot and done some things to the car I really like. Iv fallen in love with this car and I hope one day down the road I can look back at this thread and watch the progress of my monte from when I bought her to where she ends up. (And you ran kidding about that money thing hahaha) btw, I have always loved your hood, haven't seen you around really since I'v been here though. Good to finally see you.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Lookin good man! Keep with it!

Old 01-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Hahaha thanks, I started this when I first got the car and it hasn't all gone the direction I wanted at first but I'v learned a lot and done some things to the car I really like. Iv fallen in love with this car and I hope one day down the road I can look back at this thread and watch the progress of my monte from when I bought her to where she ends up. (And you ran kidding about that money thing hahaha) btw, I have always loved your hood, haven't seen you around really since I'v been here though. Good to finally see you.
I make sporatic appearances and try to help when I can. I mostly stick to the tech threads or how to's and try to answer questions for folks. Used to be active years ago, time's changed....people change.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:48 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by PacerSS

I make sporatic appearances and try to help when I can. I mostly stick to the tech threads or how to's and try to answer questions for folks. Used to be active years ago, time's changed....people change.
Yeah a lot of the serious guys seem to have come and gone. Im pretty new here and haven't had the benefit of some of you older members knowledge. Do you still own your monte?

Quick Reply: 2002 monte SS "ridin red" project