General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2002 monte SS "ridin red" project

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member
Default 2002 monte SS "ridin red" project

I didn't see anywhere on this site to post a full on project but I have a lot of work and upgrades I want to do to my monte both visually and performance wise, so I'm going to post this here. I figure if I run into anything interestong or need help or figure something out about rhe car I can document it all on here and anyonee else can see it. I'll post some pics and my goals for the car when I get home (bored at work right now)

Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Can't wait to see pics!

Old 08-08-2013, 06:31 PM
1 Year Member
Old 08-08-2013, 06:42 PM
1 Year Member
Default First steps

My first goals for the car are pretty simple, so ill start with what I think will probably be the first two projects.
1: After looking at the benefits of Cold Air filters online but seeing the $200 price for a $40 filter and an insulated box iv decided to build my own, I plan on using plexi-glass and insluating materials as well as a possible split ram scoop positioned in the front fender.
2: Call me what you want but I grew up playing "Need For Speed Underground II" and have always been a lighting fanatic. Im looking at getting a "3 million advanced LED" kit to do interior lighting and hooking up some relays to the stock interior lighting to shut them of when the colored LED"s are powered on. My interior is the creme brown leather so i'm not sure exactly how it will lookbut in the dark you wont be able to tell
If you guys have any sugestions, input or questions feel free to post.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:16 PM

Hey man welcome! You have a good looking Monte, for sure. I'm jealous of the ground effects :P lol I know exactly where you are comming from with the NFS reference too. I'm a HUGE NFS junkie myself. Mostly UG2 and MW. Anyway, I just started a thread today about doing some interior lighting as well. You can find it in the Interior section of the forum. One of our admins has given me some valuable input and it may be able to help you as well. Once again, welcome to the MCF family! Can't wait to see what you do to that beauty

Old 09-24-2013, 02:10 AM
1 Year Member

Had some Issues with the transmission and a wheel hub so I'v been delaying a lot of the things I want to do to red and saving my money. But I have spent a lot of time looking into things recently and I cant stand not modding anymore! So tonight I made a minor purchase that will hopefully stave off my modding fever (but for how long ) and improve on the look of the car. I'll post pics as soon as i get them installed.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:25 PM

I have the same monte with gray leather inside. If you don't mind me asking what size tires are you running. What size rims are on your monte. I just purchased similar rims off an 04 to replace the 22 s someone put on mine

Old 09-25-2013, 06:31 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2002 Chicago Monte SS
I have the same monte with gray leather inside. If you don't mind me asking what size tires are you running. What size rims are on your monte. I just purchased similar rims off an 04 to replace the 22 s someone put on mine
They are the 16" diamond cut rims that came on the pace car edition. If you have the same rims then they are the tire size for the pace car edition. Not sure on that cuase I haven't had to replace them yet. Did you sell your 22"s? I might like to have some for shows (but not driving)

Old 09-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And the money pit gets deeper as the mods mount. LOL, thats just the way it is. Hope the tranny and wheel bearings are back up and into good running condition relatively soon.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:31 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
And the money pit gets deeper as the mods mount. LOL, thats just the way it is. Hope the tranny and wheel bearings are back up and into good running condition relatively soon.
Wheel bearing is good now, had to replace one of the break calipers due to a crossthread instalation prior to my ownership. Within the next two months I'm hoping for some paint projects and my LEDs!

Quick Reply: 2002 monte SS "ridin red" project