General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2000 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Default 2000 problems

I have a 2000 monte ls nothing spectacular, I however have been having problems that i cant seem to fix or figure out on it. First is when my ac is on its not draining out of the car it seems to be draining in the car managing to flood the back seat passanger floor. Any body know wHere I can locate this problem? and the wipers are crap I have one that works now, its as if the bolt thread is worn and some one told me I CANT replace that but have to by a whole new motor!?! and my ignition you have to jigle the key to get the car to turn on then while the car is running you can pull the key out is that normal? can anybody help me?

Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 2000 problems

First welcome to the web site.

There is a drain hose located under the hood (usually on the pass side) of the firewall. It will clog up and you will A/C drainage inside the car. Once you locate the drain hose, pinch it between your fingers. More than likely you'll hear crunching but after that your A/C will start operating again.

The wipers thing............ if one works then it ain't the motor. Sounds more like the non-working arm needs tightened up.

The jiggley ignition switch. Well, I had the same thing in one of my other cars. All I can say is better start shopping for a new switch cause this one is about to break on you. You can try NAPA, ot the Zone, O'Rileys, or any other auto parts store near you. See if they can supply the switch for your car.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:33 PM

on the wipers, the best thing to do is to remove the wiper arm, then take a pick or scribe to the pivot (not the wiper arm)to clean out the splines. no splines? the area that looks like its made out of aluminum has splines under it, because it striped the aluminum out of the wiper arm. after the splines are cleaned out reattach the wiper arm.

on the a/c drain, i havent seen much trouble on the montes, but i know on the 97 and newer grand prixs, which i would of thought would be the same, hada decent bitof trouble. on the worst grand prix that i've worked on the a/c drain wouldnt clear untill i had about 6" of a coat hangerpast the firewall on it. also, be sure its not rain related, my 2000 wasnt sealing under the cowl and rain water would drain right downto the blower motor and drip out around it.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM
rj
15 Year Member

My '94 Dodge I drive daily, a few other owners posted they'd had issues with the A/C drain in their cars. I never had any.

Till one day my foot kept getting wet.

Pinched the drain hose (Space get your mind out of the gutter) and drain worked like it should.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:34 PM

You should be able to just replace the wiper arm with any other W-Body found at a bone yard. The AC issue can be a nightmare. Do you have a mechanics line of tools available?

Old 08-15-2007, 07:15 PM

thanks for the info.. what do you pinch the hose? shouldnt i redirect some where else? I had a friend of my fix this prob (3yrs ago) he had to put it up on a lift to get at it and said I had like a gallon of water behhind my dash. when my car turns to the left you can here it gushing to one side ( quite funny actualy) the wiper though this is my issue.. I call them self adjusting cuz if you touch it while its going it will stop right there then continue.. or it will go so far over the windshield it wipes my drivers side window. I took the whole arm out and the bolt that srews into the motor is stripped . I know this must sound weird .. Someone told me there was a recall on these when this body style first came out. anyways thanks agian for respondin

Old 08-15-2007, 09:11 PM
rj
15 Year Member

You'll need two fingers to pinch the hose and open it back up again.

Like I posted, you'll probably hear crunching inside the hose when you first start doing this. It'll be build up of deposits that are breaking up and this is what you hear.

Once the hose iffree, it will drain for a minute or so. That's cause like you said all the drainage from the A/C that hasn't spilled on your foot yet.

But it's simpleto do and all you need is to find the drain hose on the firewall. Usually located on the passenger side about half way down the firewall.