General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06-07 Headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Default RE: 06-07 Headlamps

Wonder if you can paint the lenes and if it would stick to it

Im not a fan of that eyelid or what ever you call it...

Old 07-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

oh i think those look awesome on that color

as for painting the headlights i think you can, you'd just have to scuff up the area's your painting before you paint, and make sure the paint can stand up to a bit of heat, because the bulbs to get hot

Old 07-15-2007, 10:15 PM

mmwrench we finally agree on something.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We've talked about the dulling chrome inside the headlights to some extent. We even had pictures to compare with thanks to MCF members posting them.

I thought the transmission had went out of my white car last night and I needed to stop at the local Mopar dealer today to buy a sensor to get my car repaired so I thought why not take the '06 Monte and stop at the Chevy? Ask about getting my headlights replaced? So I did.

I first stopped at the new '07 Impalas. I wanted to compare my headlights with new to see how much if any my headlights looked dulled out? Well they do.

Next stop was the service department. I asked a woman wo come out and look at some work I wanted done?

After looking at my car she isn't sure they will replace the headlights? She needs to ask the service manager who's on vacation right now and won't be back till next week. I told her it was fine with me if we waited till then.

I also asked the woman to look at the scratches on the console? I told her I was sure they weren't on there before the last time they worked on the car. I made sure I stated I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. but I know the scratches weren't there when I bought the car, or before the last time it was worked on.

I explained I take care of what I own. She commented I could have scratched the console just by trying to place the seatbelt buckle in the latch part. I'm not sure just "HOW" this will happen with a thick towel shoved between the console and belt latch? And I told her this.

But she said she'd check into the console for me as well as the headlights. So, I guess I'll see if they do anything about these concerns or not?????????????

Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 PM

Mine had to go thru the service manager as well. But he said we'll replace them, no problem, then commented more than once on how nice my car looked.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:42 PM

I started looking at my headlights. I don't think there's anything wrong with the "plastichrome" in there. Doesn't look any different on the tops when compared to the bottom areas... so I'm not going to worry about it for now.. .still got 7k left on the bumper to bumper warranty.

I would think if it was a serious problem i'd have seen em by now, unless they were perhaps noticed by the dealer earlier and replaced before I bought the car... which I doubt, because the car wasn't even cleaned or prepped when I bought it... no stickers no nothing, lol, it was in the service bay ready to be prepped for sale, when I saw it. The day the truck delivered it I basically told them ... don't let anyone else see it, it's mine.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:21 PM

Maybe you got the "quality" ones or something....lol.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The times we've talked about the head light problem I always thought mine were okay and didn't worry about it.

Only when I saw the provided photo, it got me wondering if mine really were dulling out like other people said their's were so I did a better check.

Then yesterday looking at the new Impalas gave me something better to compare mine to. That convinced me.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:46 PM

When my original lights faded to the grey color I thought maybe it was just a bad batch of chrome GM had on some parts.But when the new replacements started doing the same thing I realized it was a design flaw.Every 06 or 07 Impala or Monte Carlo I have seen (with the exception of new ones at the dealers) have the same flaw.I will admit it is hard to pick out in the bright sun due to the glare,but if you know how it looks you can see it.Some owners claim their's are fine,but they just didn't "see the light "yet,so to speak.Maybe they are in the denial phase.
(my lights are fine,my lights are fine.........................)
If my wife and I are in a parking lot at a restaurant or store,I will walk over to check if I see an Impala or Monte Carlo.Before I even get to the car,she will say "Checking the lights?"It is kind of a game now.I figure I will try getting new ones again later this year,maybe when the car needs service or State Inspection.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I'm going to guess that it is the heat coming from the dayrunners. I try to turn them off as much as possible.

Quick Reply: 06-07 Headlamps