General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06-07 Headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Default 06-07 Headlamps

I know there was a post on here awhile back regarding headlamps on 06-07 Monte's. The problem being delamination of the chrome plating in the headlamps. Just wanted to let everyone know I took mine in on Wednesday and they replaced them both on the spot. They also said they'd never seen one doing this or even heard of it. I told them about our fine forum and asked them to visit since it's a pretty big problem. Just an FYI those units run about $232 to $243 a piece. For some odd reason one side costs more than the other.

Has anyone else had a problem with this and what was the outcome?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:59 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 06-07 Headlamps

So far, not yet. (fingers & toes crossed)

Old 07-06-2007, 01:41 PM

Yea I was shocked mine did it since it's always in a heated/cooled garage.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:33 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: cain45

Yea I was shocked mine did it since it's always in a heated/cooled garage.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi James, was there a TSB on the lights for 06-07 ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I had mine replaced because, they were defective (blems in plastic), that looked[/align][align=center]liked they were foggy. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I searched for pic's of your car on the MCF, but could not find.[/align][align=center]I hope that you can take some pic's of your LTZ,& post them : ).[/align][align=center]I would love to see yours, with the optional rims.[/align][align=center]Your garage seems nicer then my `crib : )[/align][align=center]heat/ac : ) WoW[/align][align=center]Thanks for your post.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 07-06-2007, 03:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I've had mine replaced once. Living here with no rain in 18 months, they are starting to fade again. I'll have to take them back before I hit 39k miles.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:52 PM

Those eyebrows are sounding better and better now once the car is out of warranty.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Space there are pics of my car elsewhere on the forum but it's been awhile back. I remembered you used paintshop on them to "paint" eyes on the neighbors houses and stating that the neighbors were admiring my car.

This is the first time I've had mine replaced and I let them know that it doesn't speak very highly of the quality, considering the car has only 14k on it.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:41 PM

[align=center]`James, Grandpa `Dave & members,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think GM or Chevrolet Div. took some cost/cutting[/align][align=center]saving measures, when they updated the 06-07[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think they knew that the 6th GenerationMonte Carlo was coming to an end, & they continued the run of the design[/align][align=center]with the front end/interior changes for the 06-07[/align][align=center]Monte. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]They obtained an additional 2 years of the 6th Gen, by[/align][align=center]undated the 06-07.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The 06-07 developed engines for the Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]arethe same as the Impala (+other GM products), & I think that was a plus.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I don't think theMonte was a high prioritycarfor GM : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The first year lose/depreciation average is over $10K[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]That's how I was able to get a Certified Used 06Monte [/align][align=center]LT3, for $1K plus my 05 LT.[/align][align=center]Mine only had 5K miles & was my friend's dad's[/align][align=center]assigned car. (He didn't abuse it: ).[/align][align=center]But I've learned that Chev GM placed a lot of Monte's[/align][align=center]into rentals, and that always hurts initial value : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I love what I have, but I wish the quality was[/align][align=center]better in some area's. I wish a lot in my life : )[/align][align=center]I still think it's a great car for the money.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]James, weren't you going to trade yoursfor a Lexus ?[/align][align=center]What happened ? Didn't they want to give you good[/align][align=center]money for your LTZ ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Members, what do you think ?[/align][align=center]I gave my 69 cents worth : )[/align][align=center]Be `Happy & EnJoy your Monte Carlo,[/align][align=center]`Space Out[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-06-2007, 06:04 PM

Space, I was almost thinking the same that you were thinking a couple of nights ago.

Did the GM engineers, knowing that they were going to put the Monte on shelf, put out to improve the car to its maximum capabilities with the 06-07?

I think yes. That is why when I report how awesome the new suspension and frame is, and how powerful the new VVT engines are, older Monte owners think that I am just being prejudice towards the Monte.

You've owned both versions of the 6th Gen. Monte. You should know best....and I think you've come to similar conclusions.

The 6.5 Gen. Monte is probably the best the world has seen to date in FWD technology for a car that you can purchase new for $20k to$25k

Old 07-06-2007, 06:31 PM

Agreed ^^^^

Quick Reply: 06-07 Headlamps