General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06-07 Headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Default RE: 06-07 Headlamps

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: cain45

No not selling my bra Solara, buy your own dude. You got $$$.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `James -Cain45-,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There's no crossdressing on the MCF.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Grandpa `Dave DOES NOT wear a BRA & I don't think he wants [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]to buy your used one : )[/align][align=center][]Oh My `James[]Now they know [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 07-12-2007, 03:43 PM

LMAO.....

Old 07-12-2007, 06:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

God, please ask them if they have the eyelids in "amber bronze" for 06...Thanks, your humble servant.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:20 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Why in the world do you guys keep a towel over the console? This seems 'odd' to me

Weird or not I go to sell my car and I'll get mucho bucks cause it's so clean.You sell your car and get $5,000 less then I do.

IF........... you were a true car guy you'd understand about wanting to keep your car clean, your car in excellent shape.

I had a '79 Dodge Diplomat 2-door, 318 engine. The body was rusty, but the inside looked new. And people told me so. Why? Cause I took care of it.

As for the towel on the console............
1. It keeps body oils and dead skin cells off.
2. It keeps the sun off. (want to see what the towel that covers the back seat in my '86 LS Monte looks like? It's faded bad. That could be the back seat itself if I hadn't protected it)
3. I really don't feel like I need to explain myself. It's my car. But I will so another car guy/gal can understand.

I want to keep my '06 LTZ Monte looking as good as possible for as long as possible. So I do what I can to protect it.
I know it's the ONLY car I'll ever have this new. Any others will be a few years old by the time I can afford them. And I'll do whatever I can to keep them looking as good as possible.
I'm a car psycho. [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-12-2007, 07:54 PM

rj, I hear you on that, I have a black plastic bag on my floormats, till I can find some floormats I like, I as well have a towel there.. lol. I thought I was weird. And I have a Lint Free Mitt in the passengers door, when i start to see dust bunnies on the dash and console area. If i see dust I roll up the windows, and put on the recirculate. I have a california car duster in the trunk, and use it everyday when I get off work. I as well am a Clean car FREAK...[:-]

Old 07-12-2007, 10:35 PM

speaking of looking like new... I was in for a scheduled service about a month ago... some guy was walking out at the same time as I was, and I was going to get in my Monte... he said "Congratulations on getting the new car! It looks great!"... I said "thank you"... I didn't have the heart to tell him that it's not really "new" anymore cuz I've had it for a year and a half already....

Old 07-13-2007, 06:41 AM

I have to give you credit Cain,when I started a post about the 06-07 headlamp chrome thing in January,it only got about a dozen responses.Yours is getting close to hitting 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About the clean car discussion,I got the same kind of comments last week when my 06 was at the dealership.The service manager and tech both said they couldn't beleive how detailed my car looks.They said it looked better than the new ones in the showroom.I told them I spend a lot of time in the garage on weekends working on it.The wife never complains,she said she would rather have me doing that than sitting at some club all the time like some guys do.I probably have more Meguiars products than some smaller auto parts stores.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:25 AM

RJ I'll put my clean, low miles, LTZ up against yours anyday and get the same if not more from mine than you. Just because you don't keep a towel in your car because of oil on your skin means nothing. I'm assuming you wear gloves all the time when you touch it? LOL Oh and you drive with no hands right....gotta watch that oil from your hands too.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:39 PM

Got some pictures of those eyelids for you guys, as for the Amber Bronze color, I would say your best bet would be to have a few samples shiped to you so that you can compare them to your car.

Before, above:

Before, front:

After, above:

After, front:

Old 07-15-2007, 06:19 PM

Sorry dude still yuk!!!

Quick Reply: 06-07 Headlamps