General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

$10 Leather seats,smokers though....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sweetdeal!

Old 01-31-2012, 10:38 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Here's' a thought.
Box em, put w/e freshener you want to try, and leave them enclosed for a while.
Hopefully the freshener will over power the smoke smell.

Just throwing out some ideas, Febreeze advertises to remove smoke smell, but I don't know how good they are, I don't use it.
Febreeze is a good idea! And they have two lemon and leather smelling air fresheners in my beed room lol!

Originally Posted by trewyn15
most detailers should be able to pull the smoke smell right out for you.
Dont have many around me,will have to search now!
Originally Posted by Enzo354
Leave them outside on a windy day lol. Sweet deal though man!
They sat on my porch out side for 3 weeks... Thanks man!
Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
Find a detailer that will "ozone" the car for you. It is a machine that pumps a odorless gas in and neutralizes odors. Even let them pump it through the AC while hes there to take any recirculating smells out of it.
Sounds good!

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Coffee grounds in paper bag, charocal in a bucket, potato cut in half, Apple cut in half... Now those are usually done when in the car they will obsorb the smell, sprinkle with baking soda,

Wipe it down with white vinager, followed by mild soap and water but be sure not to over saturate the leather becuase that is not good for it, then use your fav product,

I too suggest pulling up the leather and shampooing the crap out of the foam becuase that will hold a big chunk of your smell
Hmm those are odd but trying wont help!

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Sweetdeal!
Thanks man! The kid at the parts yard that checked me out drove a 5th gen,and said "where did you get these from" I said "a black monte" and he goes "nah these are deffidently not a monte seat" I said "yeah they came in the 6th gens" and he looked at me confused and pissed,..maybe he should do his monte research:p

Old 02-01-2012, 01:08 PM

Ozium is pretty awesome for killing smell idk if it will work on leather but sick find!

Old 02-01-2012, 05:48 PM

Thats a freakin great deal on seats!!! I'm not sure what to use to get the smell out but looks like there is already plenty of suggestions. I smoke so I wouldn't notice it. Only in my truck though not in the Monte I flipped on my dad when he almost lit a smoke when he was in it lol.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by undeadmetalshred
Ozium is pretty awesome for killing smell idk if it will work on leather but sick find!
Hmm never herd of it,will look around,thanks

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Thats a freakin great deal on seats!!! I'm not sure what to use to get the smell out but looks like there is already plenty of suggestions. I smoke so I wouldn't notice it. Only in my truck though not in the Monte I flipped on my dad when he almost lit a smoke when he was in it lol.
Thanks,and oh man nobody will ever smoke in my monte:p lol

Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Default Racing Bucket Seats

I am trying to make my own Racing Bucket seats, I have seen expanding foam on youtube and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make one. I was also thinking of going to Home Depot and getting some kind of foam and carving it in to a seat and then putting vinyl on it.

Thanks for any Ideas

Old 04-19-2012, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Greg's Monte
I am trying to make my own Racing Bucket seats, I have seen expanding foam on youtube and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make one. I was also thinking of going to Home Depot and getting some kind of foam and carving it in to a seat and then putting vinyl on it.

Thanks for any Ideas
you might have better luck starting a new thread in the interior section, or doing a search on the site to find your answers. This thread's a few months old now. Welcome to the forum

Old 04-25-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by mwjames
you might have better luck starting a new thread in the interior section, or doing a search on the site to find your answers. This thread's a few months old now. Welcome to the forum
I don't know how to start a new thread

Old 04-25-2012, 01:32 PM

Got it