General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

$10 Leather seats,smokers though....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:20 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default $10 Leather seats,smokers though....

Alright guys and gals,I bought my self a set of Intimidator headrest,and needed leather seats since i dont have them.Local parts yard was having a sale on all seats for 10 bucks a peice So I got down there and got two bucket leather seats and two rear backrest parts of the leather seats,...only problem is is that they were from a smokers monte and im not wanting to put these in my monte. I know I cant get all the smell outta the seats but, what can I do to ty and help the smell other than air freshiners:p
But anyways heres some pics...

Heres my headrest,...couldnt love them anymore:p

Any info will help,thanks!!

Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 PM

Man that's a sweet Fing deal!!!!

I don't know about detailing, but I would suggest a decent/local detailing shop.
I'm sure they use top of the line leather cleaners.

I've have used Maguiers leather conditioner, I dont know if it removes smokers smell, but it does smell good. haha.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Man that's a sweet Fing deal!!!!

I don't know about detailing, but I would suggest a decent/local detailing shop.
I'm sure they use top of the line leather cleaners.

I've have used Maguiers leather conditioner, I dont know if it removes smokers smell, but it does smell good. haha.
I figured i would condition them once or twice before they go in in the spring:p And they were a deal!! The headrest were a $100 shipped,soo i thought that was a good deal too

Old 01-30-2012, 10:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You could try this. OdoBan - Odor Eliminator - Home A company I worked for used it and it worked for a lot of bad smells. I'm not sure anything will completely get rid of it right away but over time it should get a lot lighter. You may want to pull the leather back and try to treat the foam. just a thought.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
You could try this. OdoBan - Odor Eliminator - Home A company I worked for used it and it worked for a lot of bad smells. I'm not sure anything will completely get rid of it right away but over time it should get a lot lighter. You may want to pull the leather back and try to treat the foam. just a thought.
Hmm,maybe i will.I dont know if i trust myself pulling back the leather:p hahaa

Old 01-31-2012, 12:04 AM

Here's' a thought.
Box em, put w/e freshener you want to try, and leave them enclosed for a while.
Hopefully the freshener will over power the smoke smell.

Just throwing out some ideas, Febreeze advertises to remove smoke smell, but I don't know how good they are, I don't use it.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

most detailers should be able to pull the smoke smell right out for you.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:58 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Leave them outside on a windy day lol. Sweet deal though man!

Old 01-31-2012, 04:53 AM

Find a detailer that will "ozone" the car for you. It is a machine that pumps a odorless gas in and neutralizes odors. Even let them pump it through the AC while hes there to take any recirculating smells out of it.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Coffee grounds in paper bag, charocal in a bucket, potato cut in half, Apple cut in half... Now those are usually done when in the car they will obsorb the smell, sprinkle with baking soda,

Wipe it down with white vinager, followed by mild soap and water but be sure not to over saturate the leather becuase that is not good for it, then use your fav product,

I too suggest pulling up the leather and shampooing the crap out of the foam becuase that will hold a big chunk of your smell

Quick Reply: $10 Leather seats,smokers though....