FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 Guides/How-To information for FWD Montes 1995-2007

Guide: How to reset low tire pressure monitor

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Default Low Tire Pressure Reset Not Working

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
in my 03 monte i took the stock radio out so i used the light switch to reset mine

turn key to on position and quickly pull the light switch out to the parking lights postion and push back in and do this 3 times

worked everytime
Really?? It worked for you?
I have an 03 Monte Carlo with an aftermarket Head Unit, and my tire pressure message is on all the time.
I tried the "turn on / turn off the parking lights 3 times" thing and it didn't work for me. Tried it in both the key 'on' position and the 'acc' position.
Anyone else have any suggestions for turning off the TP message without the stock stereo?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Default Low tire pressure

Thank you sooo much! I had no idea you could do that! Awesome!!

Old 01-27-2013, 02:58 PM

Start your car.

Pull the headlight *** back one click and push it back in. Repeat the pull/push 2 more times within 5 seconds and the dash will beep and the tire light will go out.

I just got new tire up front and the low tire pressure light keep coming on,all i did was reset the battery, only last for about a week, then comes back on.

Tryed the headlight pull once and works great

Old 03-30-2013, 08:37 PM

on my 03 I turn the parking lights off and on three times and that takes care of it

Old 05-15-2013, 01:23 PM

I did the parking light trick yesterday after I added air to my tires and it worked great! Thanks for the tip!!

Old 08-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Default Omg THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by montejass
1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and turn the radio off.

2. Press and hold the TUNE DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until SETTINGS is displayed.

3. Press SEE PSCAN up or down arrow to scroll through the main menue.

4. Scroll until the TIRE MON appears on the display.

5. Press the 1 PREV or 2 NEXT button to enter the submenu. RESET will be displayed.

6. Press the TUNE DISP button to reset. A chime will be heard to verify the new setting and DONE will be displayed for one second.

7. Once the monitor has been reset, scroll until the EXIT appears on the display.

8. Press the TUNE DISP button to exit programming. A chime will be heard to verify exit.

Enjoy!!!
This has been driving me nuts for over a year and my husband and our local garage couldn't figure it out. Even though tire pressure read fine, the stupid light wouldn't go out. I finally gave up and took my 2004 MC SS (only 36K orig mi) to the dealer to have it looked at because I also needed to get the AC fixed. They said they reset the monitor on all the tires and in deed the light stayed out for 2 months. Then I went and got the oil changed (which also entailed topping off fluids & checking tire pressure) and before I got home, the dang low tire pressure light came on! The tire pressure in all tires was fine. I checked it. Called the dealer and they wanted me to bring it in and charge another $50 to reset! This worked perfectly!

Old 08-18-2015, 01:47 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by PghPammy
This worked perfectly!
Congrats!!! Any day you can save 50 bucks is a good one!! BTW Welcome to the forum!!!

Old 01-19-2016, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Boxmonster
I turn the ignition to the acc position, then on and off the park lights 3 times..that resets it on my 02

this worked for my 2001 as well

Old 07-13-2017, 07:53 PM

Thank you! The light switch trick worked for me. That has got to be the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a car! But, as long as it works........

Old 07-14-2017, 10:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by jwcarroll
Thank you! The light switch trick worked for me. That has got to be the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a car! But, as long as it works........
It's a workaround in case you replace your car's stock radio.

Quick Reply: Guide: How to reset low tire pressure monitor