Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

ZZP Shift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
about 9 1/2 quarts. Now that it's not raining an roads dry.
When I go full throttle at 5mph roll it feels like it pulls harder .shifts you can feel but it's not as hard my 1940 Chevy barks the tires when it shifts .. Monte shifts ok , I can feel them just not as hard as I thought it would be..
Well thank you. I'll need to pick up another 1 1/2 quarts. That's what I was looking to hear. It cleans it up nicely to still be a daily driver.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
It's a set of spacers that give your transmission firmer/quicker shifts

Check out this thread about the install: Shift kit install, very detailed (56K go watch a movie) - LS1TECH
Somehow I missed this. Thank you.

Thank you for all of your Contributions to the MCF.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
I installed the 3/4" ones like ZZP say's in the kit. 3/4 on bottom 3/4 on top of 2-3 , 3/4 on bottom 1/2 0n top of 1-2
I didn't add a spring.
Finally got it installed. I used Mobil 1 Full Syn VI. Just the standard sludge with no shavings at all. ZZP's instructions were not the clearest instructions however. The LS1 forum pics were great till he ran out of battery which is were I needed info. I will contact ZZP with details. Luckily I recently had my Fluid Power class and I could make sense of them. We have process's at work, huge difference. Although I have the largest bushing on the inside on my 1-2. It seems like they had 2 separate choices for the kit cause I have a few small bushings left. Overall not bad just a little messy and 1 screw snapped while putting the pan back on. I think there may still be some thread left. It felt like the bolt near the head elongated prior to the snap. Also no fluid leak as of yet. In closing I am happy with outcome, it is what should of come from the factory IMO. I kinda wish I would of added the spring while I was in there anyways till the next time I guess.