Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

What Type of Fuel do u run in your Monte?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Default RE: What Type of Fuel do u run in your Monte?

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Fourtiary..... (I Know)

If you did wanna see these gains by using a higher octane fuel, you'll wanna make sure you get the SS and not the LS, otherwise you'll sit here on this forum pissing and moaning or take it out on your Burger King co-workers cause you can't have it your way.

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

LMAO @ fourtiary

LS>SS

in gas mileage, at least [sm=signs007.gif]
LOL That may very well be the case.

I've spent my money on less productive things before I guess.

TVW
haven't we all? I once bought a set of yellow 9mm spark plug wires to replace my perfectly functional oem wires, set me back like $80 just for my visual pleasure.
I think we have all done this one. And only to find that the OEM were much better than the flashy yellow wire.... The biggest mistake I have ever made in regards to wires were those that you cut to fit. What a bunch of garbage. Of course I am sure I bought the cheap set. I was on a budget back then.

TVW

Old 06-24-2005, 03:49 AM

I think we have all done this one. And only to find that the OEM were much better than the flashy yellow wire.... The biggest mistake I have ever made in regards to wires were those that you cut to fit. What a bunch of garbage. Of course I am sure I bought the cheap set. I was on a budget back then.
I wouldn't say the oem were better than the yellow, but the lack of any performance increase surely didn't help matters. But it sure looked nice though.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:04 PM

Wow, I guess you miss alot after being in the field for a week. Did anyone miss me? haha.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

Wow, I guess you miss alot after being in the field for a week. Did anyone miss me? haha.
Yeah, where the heck did you run off to??

Old 06-24-2005, 05:53 PM

I was in the field man, we had a battalion FEX (field excersize) it freakin sucked man. But I am back now, so you will se my post whoreness again. ahahahaha!!
[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 06-27-2005, 09:44 AM
CMC
10 Year Member

I run 93oct in my Monte on the street and plan on using at least 100-110oct unleaded once I make it to the track, sooner or later.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:13 AM

I was in the field man, we had a battalion FEX (field excersize) it freakin sucked man. But I am back now, so you will se my post whoreness again. ahahahaha!!

LMAO...... ***** away......

Old 08-12-2005, 02:15 AM

I agree with SOCAl 100 percent. Running anything more than 87 isnt a good idea. Just as running 87 in a big block with 12.5 compression is bad..that things gonna ping its way to an early death. Heat and compression is what it takes to ignite fuel. Octane rating is the ability of a fuel to resist pre ignition...such as spark knock. Octane has nothing to do with performance or making more power. Dont belive me....drain your tank..every last drop...put in some SONOCO 111...the blue stuff..id be willing to bet it woudnt even start. There isnt enough compression in out motors to generate enough heat to ignite the mix. Just as running 87 in a race motor has the opposite effect. I myslf have a 66 fury with a 440 and around 11 to 1 comp. First time i started it with the new motor it pinged like crazy till i all about took all the timing out of it and got some 93 and better gas in it. So stop wasting your money on 93 or anything higher than 87...you simply dont need it. In fact if you ran 93 qll the time id imagine do to it not burning completly it may set a check engine light for like an overly rich AF ratio.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:51 AM

damn, I thought this was a dead issue.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:10 PM

89 Octane right now, supreme when I get more horsepower.

Quick Reply: What Type of Fuel do u run in your Monte?