Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Turbo monte current build has been demodded.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You also have a fine turbo Greg. I will be having my hot side heat coated and cold side powdercoated as well but haven't decided on a powdercoat color. Heat coating will be black. Charge pipes, TB, intake manifold will also be powdercoated but idk a color there yet either... Ideas?

Old 02-09-2017, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member

*Update*

Just got my precision 46mm wastegates. I am running two of these, one on each exhaust manifold then to the divided turbo housing. These will be open dumped using "screamer pipes"

Attached Thumbnails Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-received_1845108555771990.jpeg   Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-received_1845108535771992.jpeg  
Old 02-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
*Update*

Just got my precision 46mm wastegates. I am running two of these, one on each exhaust manifold then to the divided turbo housing. These will be open dumped using "screamer pipes"
Jheesh John, those are gorgeous. Any other 3800 platforms set up like this, or is this the shop and your concept? I have to say you are putting some serious money into this new build of yours. Really really hope you can make your goal and then some John. Your getting WAY serious now, lol, it's show time! Any completion date projected yet? Do you take your CTS-V out as a D/D or is it parked during the winter months.

I'm probably going to do the Holley Water / Meth system now as my Cooling Mist setup is about 8 years old. My control module has failed so I think the systems lines, nozzles, pump has seen its better days. The Holley 1000cc W/M solenoid just arrived yesterday. Need to do the Holley pump and small related parts now. Your Cooling Mist W/M system is relatively new isn't it. You probably have all the new technology that they have available so your more than likely good to go. They don't even offer my style controller any longer. Matt figures lest just optimize everything to one sources products and it should tune easier.

Well good luck brother, make sure you post more pics of your goodies as you get them. Those Precision Waste gates, duals none the less, a set up one per manifold will be sic guy. The benefit is your engine is able to release manifold pressures less obstructed? Therefore your engine will operate more efficiently? You are going to need the M/T tires...

Old 02-10-2017, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member

Thanks bud, estimated completion date is sometime in the spring and for sure before June. The cts-v sits in the garage during winter. It's another fun toy and is not daily driven.

I do run the cooling mist kit but mine is only about 3yrs old. We contemplated upgrading it but we are trying to make it work before dumping more money into it.

I do not know of any other 3800 running two wastegates, I am doing it so I can spool easier with the divided housing while still keeping a big AR for top end. Also another reason to do this is it gives up way better boost control.

I will keep this thread updated as the project progresses

Old 02-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, as if nearly 600whp wasn't enough! Shooting for 700 is incredible! Can't wait to see what kind of 1/4 mile times you run. Looking forward to seeing the build's progress.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member

Thanks zipper. Hoping for a mid 10sec pass

Old 02-11-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Well Bumpbin you mention the speed controller, have Aeromotives latest model installed (Black body) for about the last 2 years and the Aeromotive Red speed controller for about 5 years before that one. This time we went with 80lb injectors and a lower the pumps speed when not under boost. You may be right about adding larger lines from the tank. We are stripping out all the lines under the car up to the fuel cooler, all new teflon, stainless braided ones. Mat put a CTS-V pump on a Camaro with similar problems and it went away. If it fails then will have to copy Johns and yours closely.
Wow, that pump must really heat the fuel then if a speed controller isn't enough!

The next best step is a hobbs switch, especially with dual 255s. Lots of people run a single 255 with no overheating issues, so that's a proven setup. Then the hobbs can just bring on the 2nd pump whenever you get into boost.
​​​​

Old 02-12-2017, 12:57 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
You also have a fine turbo Greg. I will be having my hot side heat coated and cold side powdercoated as well but haven't decided on a powdercoat color. Heat coating will be black. Charge pipes, TB, intake manifold will also be powdercoated but idk a color there yet either... Ideas?
I like the thought of chrome as a color. Neutral enough, it is traditional and you can't go wrong with it, nice classic finish.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Soooo, any updated news to share ??? Hope all is going well and they keep chipping away at it.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member

Not too much of a update yet. However there is a little news lol.

We decided not to use the f body intake. We are still going to use a l26 uim but make it passenger side inlet. I bought another l26 uim and it should arrive at the shop today actually. All of the piping is in as well. Once the uim gets there they will begin fitting it to make it passenger side inlet. Once it's fitted they will make the new cross over and mount turbo, then fab up downpipe, charge pipes, etc. After that wiring will start. It's gonna be a long process by the sounds of this all lol. I sure hope they have it done in a couple months. Hate to miss out on most of the summer do to car being at the shop.

As more progresses and I get pics I will be sure to share here and keep everyone updated

Search this Thread