Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Tuned PCM (Overkillmotorsports)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by netz111
They didnt let me add tracking number.

Exactly two weeks before i got my core refund.

28 bucks. Next time ill probably go flat rate worldwide.
Oh, ok that kinda stinks that there's no tracking number but I doubt it will have any troubles making it to will. He does also have a phone number to call if you check on those packing slips. I tried to call it but i simply couldn't figure out how to call a Canada number so I gave up, Haha.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:33 AM
RBG

I've been reading all the posts in this thread and am very interested in doing this mod. I just have one question why do you need to email Will instead of just ordering one of the tunes in the menu? or is it that he tunes them to your specific request?

Old 09-12-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by RBG
why do you need to email Will instead of just ordering one of the tunes in the menu? or is it that he tunes them to your specific request?
1. You pick ur car.
2. Then you tell him what you want i.e... cat delete, shift points, octane.
3. Install.
4. Smile
5. Send in your core PCM.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 PM
RBG

Originally Posted by netz111
1. You pick ur car.
2. Then you tell him what you want i.e... cat delete, shift points, octane.
3. Install.
4. Smile
5. Send in your core PCM.

Thanx for the info i will be placing an order.......

Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 PM

**UPDATE**

Ive been running on E-85 for the past week and roughly 200 miles. Yeah i do over 200 miles a week. No problems at all no CEL other then a problem that has nothing to do with E-85 which is a bit off topic.

I love Wills tune. It Must have taken a while for it to finally accept the E-85 but it finally did... So long story short, allow these tunes time to adjust to the vehicle. Not only the recommended amount of miles but also do give it time.

On a side note, the problem i just faced this morning was my radiator cap blowing off and a few gallons of anti freeze with it. Off topic but i will bring this into a new thread.

Those of you who bought a tune from Will, please provide your story of the tune. Let everyone know the process you went through if you have the 3400 or the 3800, even you lucky fellas with a 5300! Share your knowledge and experience.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think i am going to wait until the middle of winter to get my tune from him. So i can send in my PCM. Then i wont have to mess with a core.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:48 AM

when i get the spare funds i will get the tune from them and will tell them about what it is and what i did to the engine what i mean when i had the heads off due to a bad gasket i had the heads ported and polished as well ported the intake as well. so i think the tune will help out alot

Old 10-15-2011, 10:23 PM

Man, i completely missed out on this thread so sorry for reviving it.

Anyway, anyone try a tune for their LZ9? I've noticed that my transmission is starting to slip (just turned 99k this week) on top of the occasional (full throttle in certain gears) STC light which I figure is the cam position sensor.

I wouldn't mind trying it out, transmission is the same as all you other guys (LS4 excluded) so not worried about that. I'd just like to hear from anyone that's had a tune for the 3.9L.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

this is an earlier e-mail from Will (March 7, 2011) asking him if he had anything for the 3.9! I did e-mail him again but have had way to many other things going on but it's something that I want to get for my 3.9!

Hi Chris

Yes I definitely do. The only thing preventing them being on the site right now is I'm looking to get feedback from 07-08 3900 owners on whether the cylinder deactivation feature is worth keeping, but I've sent off 2006 3900 computer tunes by mail at a price of $149 plus $145 core charge and $25 shipping.

Features are very similar to the 3500 LZ4 tune I do. Part throttle transmission shift points are completely remapped to provide better downshift points, more timely upshift points, reduce lag and overall make the car lighter on its feet. You'll gain in the range of 6-10 peak horsepower from full throttle tuning, more with aftermarket air intake and exhaust systems, but the horsepower will also be more consistant and less power drop from hotter ambient temperatures or from an open cone air filter element. The engine will run cooler, speed limiter removed, and you should pick up a few more miles per tank depending on your driving habits.

Let me know if interested and thanks for your email!
- Will

Old 10-15-2011, 11:07 PM

Thanks Chris! I'll have to shoot him an email sometime. I have the cash laying around, I'm just torn between this and taking the car in to get the damn antenna/receiver for the fobs/tps fixed.

Quick Reply: Tuned PCM (Overkillmotorsports)