Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Engine bay dress up

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 03:43 AM
Default Engine bay dress up

Has anyone done anything to thier engine bay to make it unique? Besides painting the bolts, LOL

I want to make mine look nice,it's already clean, I just want to see your engine bay's, you know, get some ideas and stuff.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Default RE: Engine bay dress up

After cleaning my engine bay up I quickly noticed the need for wire and hose coverings which I think would clean it up a bit.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:38 PM

I've thought about painting the engine cover.. but haven't decided on how i want it to look yet.

To me, just keeping it clean and detailed is [8D]

Tj

Old 09-12-2005, 06:45 PM

I forgot to add, an easy and neat engine bay trick is if you have the 3800 ( i don't know if the 3400 has them) the engine cooling fan covers come off, and with some neverdull you can make them shine like they almost look chrome.[8D]

Just pull out the plastic screws ( which suck) and remove the cover. Polish it up and replace them. The passenger side is the harder one to remove.

You dont see them so easy from the top, but if you look from the side you can't miss them when they are shined up.

Tj

Old 09-12-2005, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

After cleaning my engine bay up I quickly noticed the need for wire and hose coverings which I think would clean it up a bit.
Yeah, I think I'll be doing the wire loom thing, been thinking about doing steel braided radiator hose and whatever other hoses I can give the same treatment to. Anyone ever used that steel braided hose kit you see at any local auto part store?

Old 09-12-2005, 11:36 PM

I wondered the same on the braided hoses... Are they covers or actually braided hoses? I am thinking of going with red wire covering.

I forgot to add, an easy and neat engine bay trick is if you have the 3800 ( i don't know if the 3400 has them) the engine cooling fan covers come off, and with some neverdull you can make them shine like they almost look chrome.

Just pull out the plastic screws ( which suck) and remove the cover. Polish it up and replace them. The passenger side is the harder one to remove.

You dont see them so easy from the top, but if you look from the side you can't miss them when they are shined up.
I never even thought of that one... I'll have to poke around the engine bay this weekend...

Old 09-12-2005, 11:41 PM

Here's mine with the new WizAired CAI... I'm still in process...

Old 09-13-2005, 12:15 AM

Rifrech.. what is the silver covering you used on the air intake hose?.

Tj

Old 09-13-2005, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: montejass

I wondered the same on the braided hoses... Are they covers or actually braided hoses? I am thinking of going with red wire covering.
They're covers, I don't think I could justify true steel braided hoses. Only thing I'm gonna do true steel braided if I keep this car is my brake lines.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

Rifrech.. what is the silver covering you used on the air intake hose?.

Tj
It's a heatshield wrap that comes with the WizAired CAI...
It's supposed to help keep the tube cooler from the heat off the exhaust that's right under it..

Quick Reply: Engine bay dress up