Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Look what I got in the mail.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by bearbear3_4
Well after some work I have decided that the first snail was too small so I upgraded.

you putting it on a 3.9 if so what web site you buy it from i have gone to a few places over buy me and every place tells me they dont make a turbo for the 3.9 and i would have to have one custom made for my car

Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte06ltz
you putting it on a 3.9 if so what web site you buy it from i have gone to a few places over buy me and every place tells me they dont make a turbo for the 3.9 and i would have to have one custom made for my car
Read the full thread, his is all custom made with a turbo that he picked to go with his kit.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Looking good! How hard is the input shaft to get to?
It's pretty easy to get to. I pulled the whole trans to get to it but after getting the side cover off I figured out it could be done with just taking the drivers side control arm and strut out, disconnect the steering rack and just dropping that side of the cradle all the way and it gives the side cover plenty of room to come off and everything can come out. Only "hard" part is the valve bodies and remembering where each bolt goes and the stupid check *****. I bought a rebuild manual for the trans that helped out a lot.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:37 PM

They don't make a kit yet. If they were a good shop they would have checked the turbo maps and try to sell you a turbo that would work with the 3.9. It's all about drivers choice.

I had a t3/t4 when I first built it. Had all the power in the lower rpms and would spin the tires at light accel, but would choke at 5K. I didn't like that so I went with a larger turbo.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by bearbear3_4
They don't make a kit yet. If they were a good shop they would have checked the turbo maps and try to sell you a turbo that would work with the 3.9. It's all about drivers choice.

I had a t3/t4 when I first built it. Had all the power in the lower rpms and would spin the tires at light accel, but would choke at 5K. I didn't like that so I went with a larger turbo.
Thanks man im going to have to call around and see if i can fined a better shop that will help me when you hooked yours up was it hard?

Old 10-18-2012, 01:53 PM

Read the full thread, his is all custom made with a turbo that he picked to go with his kit.
you dont have to be a smart a$$ cause i was not asking you and this is like the 2nd time you have did this to me and the 1st time i let it go....

Old 10-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

you dont have to be a smart a$$ cause i was not asking you and this is like the 2nd time you have did this to me and the 1st time i let it go....
That's nice, I was just informing you on the question that you asked.

No need to be so hostile towards someone that is trying to help you.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:57 PM

That's nice, I was just informing you on the question that you asked.

No need to be so hostile towards someone that is trying to help you.
Im sorry if you think i was hostile towards you. But you did pretty much the same thing to me on a diff post in like June of Aug you just gotta watch how you word stuff its easy to take stuff the wrong way if its on a post and your not talking to someone in person

Old 10-20-2012, 01:34 PM

Thanks man im going to have to call around and see if i can fined a better shop that will help me when you hooked yours up was it hard?
It wasn't "hard". I went to harbor freight and bought a cheap wire feed welder and just started welding pipe up. On the first setup the only extra pipe i needed was for the downpipe, welded up the exit on the stock mani and welded the flange right to the stock crossover with some crazy setup for the wastegate. You just have to be creative and take your time. I encourage anyone to give it a try if I can do it anyone can.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:35 PM

Oh and my welding is not show worthy, Im so glad there is header wrap lol