Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Knocking

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 12:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by T444E
*cough* Even your little chevy friend likes his fords once in a while. lol
Nothing wrong with liking non-GMs. My wife has a Mustang and I co-own an F150 with my father.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by T444E

That's an oval not a circle. And last I checked you circle the answer not the problem...

*cough* Even your little chevy friend likes his fords once in a while. lol

LoL 'Austin > LoL
What goes around comes around....<...Looks like a circle 2 me>4-Sure...
> Yeap > It's a circle >

Sorry 'Keane 4 the highjack I'll take the blame, but I'll share it with `Austin (LOL)...

LoL Mod 'Jason, I didn't even know what a Ford KA was until I found it on a search..

p.s I like many different brands/rides/bikes/boats/planes/ladies/candy/Big $'s/Life/Friends etc...I'm just thankful 2 '`be & I hope that you the reader are 2

Busy @ work 2day, but I'm just about done with my mission...and getting all the shipments sent 'out Wish 'all a Happy Day/Eve & Christmas
...I don't understand a lot of your words ? actions ? It kind of smokie on the forum 2day ? I got the munchie's for some reason ?

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 12-24-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

To get this back on track some.. I started the car today to show my dad the noise and oddly there was no noise beyond its usual 3100 noise. Revved it up some and everything and no noise, i'll still leave it til it can get to the shop. But I'm quite confused now.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
To get this back on track some.. I started the car today to show my dad the noise and oddly there was no noise beyond its usual 3100 noise. Revved it up some and everything and no noise, i'll still leave it til it can get to the shop. But I'm quite confused now.
Heres my thoughts on it keane...

I don't know when the last time was you changed the oil... Quite possibly,
The oil managed to drain its self sufficiently back into the pan. Seeing how its cold outdoors ... It has obviously thickened up enough to maybe cause it to repressurize the system... thus repumping up the varius lifters that were affected.... I would maybeconsider doing an oil change and adding the Marvel honey oil and drive it like that... I would recommend using 5W30 of a brand of your choice.... Quite possibly also the oil filter is plugged... Thus leading to a lack of the proper oil flow/pressure?

I hope you choose to do this for it and you just may find the problem has disappeared?

Pls keep us posted! Thanks...
Good Luck

Just for clarification why fords emblem is a blue oval...
The center is blue due to the fact that its having problems ...AGAIN...
The oval represents the viscious circle of repeated issues and having to return to the dealer for repairs... AGAIN and AGAIN!

If you don't believe me heres proof:

In the back of every ford owner manual.. There's a Bus ticket...
If its not there... Obviously someone already used it!

FORD = Found On Road Dead ... not again... ?????

Last edited by STUMPMI; 12-24-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member

The oil is rather fresh, my next change is 173,xxx and I'm at 171,500. I'm still gonna leave it for now, I think im still confident in it being an oil delivery issue, like you said the oil has thickened up being cold. We'll see, i'll wait til I can take it to the shop and i'll go from there. Pretty sure its got 5w30 already, as that's whats on the 710 cap

Old 12-24-2013, 05:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Pretty sure its got 5w30 already, as that's whats on the 710 cap
LOL, my 710 cap is missing, I only have one that says "oil". Where can I get a new one?? lol!!

Just as an FYI (I looked this up as I was curious)... If the oil pump is bad, that requires removal of the oil pan and is done underneath. But the oil pump drive shaft is from up top (I've never replaced either, but the drive shaft looks pretty easy, not sure about the pump itself).

Keanne, given you sound like you have a trusted mechanic, I think you're making the right call to hold off and have him give a look. The fact it's not doing it now speaks of a few questions. Maybe this is a job for things like "Motor Honey", Rislone or the Marvel Mystery Fluid (I've used Motor Honey and Rislone, but I have yet to use the Marvel stuff, but David has a good review of it)

Praying for a sticky lifter that an additive treatment can resolve!

Old 12-24-2013, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member

Yea it does raise some questions, mechanic went on vacation so it'll be sometime next week when I get it in. I'm ready to dump some motor honey in now, but i'll wait.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Zen

It's best to wait.I always hate giving advice over the web cuz i'm not there to see whats really going on or to give a good look/listen to.A lot of times things can seem simple or easy to diag.But some times when you get into it it's not what you thought.It's always best to look at it throughly before doing a repair.I see a lot of mechanics/techs take the easy "thats what it sounds like" repairs with out really looking a car over.Then I get stuck really diaging the car later
If you got a mechanic/tech you trust wait an have him look at her first before doing any thing.I wouldn't want to tell you to do anything that would hide the problem from him when you bring her to him to look at.
But to give you a little ray of hope.I popped the engine in my mule (98 dakota)an was still able to drive her for another 10k with changing the oil an using a bottle of lucus.An I beat the snot out of her to see how long it would take to finish off the engine.Had the replacement engine for 8 or 9 months before putting it in an the bad engine was still kicking.So you might not be seeing the end for her just yet

Old 12-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

sounds like the engine is toast......... that sucks..........

Old 12-25-2013, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member

Like I've said Chris, i'll just wait til it can be looked at.

Quick Reply: Knocking