Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Junkyard find :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pure2sin
The best wires for your car are the stock wires but if you want to get some really good wires that are overkill then get wires from here:

Welcome to PRJ.Performance
First i am not disrespecting you, please dont take offence.

I would never get wires from a place when all they can say about them is this:
you can clearly see how much heavier the plug boot is, and how much additional insulation is on the wire. This provides better protection against misfires. -----wtf is that!!!!!!

Only thing they said was they are 8mm wires. no info on windings, solid core or strand core.......

Last edited by forgotten; 01-14-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:30 AM

well to add my $.02 ....

a hotter spark will not cause more KR. Most Kr is the result of preigntion/ detonation of the air fuel mix before the progression of the flame front reaches it. IE as the piston is compressing the gasses and the spark starts to burn the a/f pressure starts to rapidly climb. if the pressure reaches high enough the a/f will auto ignite. this is detonation.

if you can get a hotter spark you can make a larger flame front and get the flame moving faster and burn more a/f before the a/f has a chance to auto ignite. ever wonder why you can add more spark timing as the rpms climb??? this is cause as rpms increase there is less time for the a/f to auto ignite and as a result you can add more timing.

i know you may not like the wording or discription, but they are know to be the best wire set out for the 3800 market. this is not a major vendor either. they do not make products for other engines.. just the 3800's like said stock wires are mroe then enough for for the car, but if you are going to be taking them on and off alot, a set of these is a wise invesment because they will last... others will have connectors break loose from the wires. i have it happen with MSD wires on my 98 GTP and with the taylor wire set on my Z. these wires use major suppler parts talyor and MSD so they are just assebling them for you. if you are curious about the actual specs you can look them up from the vendor

Last edited by z34phoenix; 01-14-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:37 PM

They may be very good, but i could never bring myself to buy them based on the description on the site.

Last edited by forgotten; 01-14-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:47 PM

I took my MSD wires back to AutoZone.. I figured they weren't worth the 76 bucks to replace my Autolite professionals, that I just replaced less than 6 months ago. I knew it wasn't gonna perform any differently. 76 bucks is just too much money for wires for a daily driver.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by codell17
I took my MSD wires back to AutoZone.. I figured they weren't worth the 76 bucks to replace my Autolite professionals, that I just replaced less than 6 months ago. I knew it wasn't gonna perform any differently. 76 bucks is just too much money for wires for a daily driver.
I agree. i am going going to some local pick and pulls this spring to find the coils and cores for my ported and polished intake set.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by z34phoenix
well to add my $.02 ....

a hotter spark will not cause more KR. Most Kr is the result of preigntion/ detonation of the air fuel mix before the progression of the flame front reaches it. IE as the piston is compressing the gasses and the spark starts to burn the a/f pressure starts to rapidly climb. if the pressure reaches high enough the a/f will auto ignite. this is detonation.

if you can get a hotter spark you can make a larger flame front and get the flame moving faster and burn more a/f before the a/f has a chance to auto ignite. ever wonder why you can add more spark timing as the rpms climb??? this is cause as rpms increase there is less time for the a/f to auto ignite and as a result you can add more timing.

Those PRJ wires are hands down the best for the 3800 motor. Some of the highest HP cars on our platform run them.

i know you may not like the wording or discription, but they are know to be the best wire set out for the 3800 market. this is not a major vendor either. they do not make products for other engines.. just the 3800's like said stock wires are mroe then enough for for the car, but if you are going to be taking them on and off alot, a set of these is a wise invesment because they will last... others will have connectors break loose from the wires. i have it happen with MSD wires on my 98 GTP and with the taylor wire set on my Z. these wires use major suppler parts talyor and MSD so they are just assebling them for you. if you are curious about the actual specs you can look them up from the vendor
Couple of things.

So you are telling me a hotter spark doesn't cause more KR then there would be no reason for someone to run a colder plug when trying to kill KR. There is a reason that the coils are less voltage on N/A cars. N/A cars run way more timing than boosted cars but still have KR from the factory. Adding more voltage will not do anything for a stock car.

I dont know about you but my spark table is not higher at higher RPMs than it is at lower RPMs. Lots of timing at a high RPM will kill a motor plain and simple. Most modded cars run in the 18's to 20's at high RPMs, try putting 30 or 40 degrees of timing in there and see how much KR you have. lol

PRJ wires are hands down the best wire for the 3800 motor. They are on many high HP cars on our platform.