Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Junkyard find :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by forgotten
hotter spark= better combustion.
produces more of a bang!
In a nutshell, that's it. End result that you may notice is slightly improved throttle response.

Some people get the MSD or the Accel aftermarket coils for this reason. From what I've read, they are not that great and unless you have a factory L67, just grab the L67 coils cheap and toss them on. For $30 or less, a nice little mod.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:10 PM

I got them cleaned up and installed yesterday afternoon. So far it does seem like it has a bit more pickup, both from a stop and passing power.
I'm extremely happy with the investment, $15 out and gains almost comparable to my 75$ CAI. Though it was only 15$ because as far as the junkyard is concerned, I only walked out of there with 1 coil pack, (you have to admit, 15$ for one used coil pack is a bit ridiculous.)

Old 01-12-2012, 03:26 PM

not to change the subject, i have never been to a junkyard collecing parts. How does it work. you just call or show up and say you want stuff out of cars????

Old 01-12-2012, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by forgotten
not to change the subject, i have never been to a junkyard collecing parts. How does it work. you just call or show up and say you want stuff out of cars????
I ask the guy at the counter for the part I want. Sometimes they already have it pulled off the vehicles (depends what it is).. but most the time they say your gonna have to look in the yard. Bring your tools with

Old 01-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Pure2sin
What do you think the coils are going to do performance wise? I guess I don't understand why you would want a hotter spark than stock? My main point is I really don't think it's going to be a gain.
Exactly my thinking, not so much to be if you cant really capitalize on the new coils very very small HP enhancement. Your engine has to really be up there to take advantage of this. But it''s your dime, guess as long as your moving forward it's all good......Great price's. I go to Pick-N-Pull junk yards around here quite a bit. Get some great snags on truck parts.........

Old 01-12-2012, 07:14 PM

I love parts yards I just got a full leather set of seats for 10 bucks a seat! And a good ss gauge cluster for $25!! Gotta go get some coil packs now

Old 01-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
I love parts yards I just got a full leather set of seats for 10 bucks a seat! And a good ss gauge cluster for $25!! Gotta go get some coil packs now
ROFL, exactly, great place to go and spend a few hours. Never know what you will come across. I get parts I have learned are scarce, snag them and sell on eBay or our local online classifieds. Glad to see we think a like...

Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
ROFL, exactly, great place to go and spend a few hours. Never know what you will come across. I get parts I have learned are scarce, snag them and sell on eBay or our local online classifieds. Glad to see we think a like...
Im using the leather:p I bought Dale headrest and had cloth interior,ulgy much? And i plan on making many more trips down there,its soo fun to go take the cars apart then not have to worry about putting them back together to drive the next day

Old 01-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
Im using the leather:p I bought Dale headrest and had cloth interior,ulgy much? And i plan on making many more trips down there,its soo fun to go take the cars apart then not have to worry about putting them back together to drive the next day
It's your Monte, Ugly? Is in the eye of the beholder / owner or how much cash one has to blow at the moment. One can always upgrade when the coin is coming in faster. One has to do what one has to do... Fun scabing things together, thats true customizing bud... It is what it is. LOl your my kind of friend, get it done...........Life goes on eh...

Old 01-12-2012, 10:43 PM

I'm pretty sure the L67 coils are the same GM part number as the regular 3800, ect, ect. I bought MSD coils and wires for my L67 and I like them a lot better. MSD wires have by far the least amount of OHMs per foot than any other wire on the market.

Quick Reply: Junkyard find :)