Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

good price on a S/C

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i also second the turbo speaking from a guy that has a turbo monte. turbo cars have so much more potential, and under low boost still very reliable. i just dynoed my monte saturday and put down 384whp on 13lb boost, i probably could of hit 400whp but ran out of maf. this was on the cartuning performance kit with only the precision pt61 turbo. as far as transmissions go triple edge makes good trans. i had mine built by tim king he is way cheaper and builds an awesome trans as well. he is located in ohio.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by kawasaki22106
i also second the turbo speaking from a guy that has a turbo monte. turbo cars have so much more potential, and under low boost still very reliable. i just dynoed my monte saturday and put down 384whp on 13lb boost, i probably could of hit 400whp but ran out of maf. this was on the cartuning performance kit with only the precision pt61 turbo. as far as transmissions go triple edge makes good trans. i had mine built by tim king he is way cheaper and builds an awesome trans as well. he is located in ohio.
Does King have a website or anything? How much cheaper is he? I'm thinking I'll probably start with a built trans this summer if I really want to top swap or turbo it.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:19 PM

3 Year Member

Cartuning Performance

Do you need anything else besides this or is everything included? I'm assuming this is what you have.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Cartuning Performance

Do you need anything else besides this or is everything included? I'm assuming this is what you have.
that is everything you need, even comes with a new pcm and he takes yours for a core or keep yours also and eat the core charge. i also highly recommend an intercooler kit. with an intercooler you will be able to run more boost safely and make more power. you can make a intercooler kit way cheaper than what he or zzp charges for them also. i ran 10lb of intercooled boost on stock engine and trans for 7,000 miles before my torque converter finally went out on me. if u ease into the throttle till u hit wot and dont launch the car or do massive burnouts your trans should be ok for a little bit. but there is no guarantees how long it will last. that kit alone will put your car right around 300hp. i suggest getting the electronic cutout with it. the cutout makes a huge difference in spool time etc. i also suggest a set of aeroforce scan gauges just so you can monitor for knock etc. i just uploaded dyno videos of my car in the sights and sounds section if u wanna check them out. my personal opinion i love the sound and feel of a turbo over a sc. the feel is so much better because when u hit the gas the car starts going and then in a second or 2 when u build boost its like a rocket and u actually feel the difference, with a sc the power is instant so u dont get the feeling lol. dont get me wrong thou ive been in some fast and fun sc cars also!

Old 02-09-2012, 02:43 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by kawasaki22106
that is everything you need, even comes with a new pcm and he takes yours for a core or keep yours also and eat the core charge. i also highly recommend an intercooler kit. with an intercooler you will be able to run more boost safely and make more power. you can make a intercooler kit way cheaper than what he or zzp charges for them also. i ran 10lb of intercooled boost on stock engine and trans for 7,000 miles before my torque converter finally went out on me. if u ease into the throttle till u hit wot and dont launch the car or do massive burnouts your trans should be ok for a little bit. but there is no guarantees how long it will last. that kit alone will put your car right around 300hp. i suggest getting the electronic cutout with it. the cutout makes a huge difference in spool time etc. i also suggest a set of aeroforce scan gauges just so you can monitor for knock etc. i just uploaded dyno videos of my car in the sights and sounds section if u wanna check them out. my personal opinion i love the sound and feel of a turbo over a sc. the feel is so much better because when u hit the gas the car starts going and then in a second or 2 when u build boost its like a rocket and u actually feel the difference, with a sc the power is instant so u dont get the feeling lol. dont get me wrong thou ive been in some fast and fun sc cars also!
Yeah I checked out the videos and it looks really awesome. I'm thinking I might just get a trans first then more than likely go turbo from there.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Does King have a website or anything? How much cheaper is he? I'm thinking I'll probably start with a built trans this summer if I really want to top swap or turbo it.
he is a big clubgp member, he costs 1400 with all upgrades but input shaft. if u want the input shaft upgraded he charges 1800. plus shipping of course. i bought all my own parts and took them to him so mine was alot cheaper. for my trans he supplied the rebuild kit with clutches and bonded pistons, all sensors, shift kit, valve body upgrades and input piston. he charged me $850

Old 02-09-2012, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member

tim king worked for intense back in the day and built there transmissions when he was there. here is his number 937-830-9365