Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

ANY TIPS ON HOW TO DRESS UP A 2006 MONTE CARLO ENGINE BAY

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default ANY TIPS ON HOW TO DRESS UP A 2006 MONTE CARLO ENGINE BAY

I need some tips from everbody, I got the 3.6 Monte carlo 2006 and how do I dress up the engine area for car shows down the road, I am going to do the air intake soon and change my battery to a optima. Do I paint the engine cover or any of the other pieces, I don't know how to detail an engine well or drees it up. Any Idea's?

Old 03-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Default RE: ANY TIPS ON HOW TO DRESS UP A 2006 MONTE CARLO ENGINE BAY

I dont now what you engine bay looks like but on mine with the 3800 there is alot off stuff that you can paint and also i have added some LEDs for accent lighting and also for night shows to light some stuff up.

the first pic is of the LEDS lighting up my engine cover

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x.../LEDS001-1.jpg

then this pic is just an overview of my engine

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...nteCarlo/5.jpg

Old 03-11-2008, 08:09 PM

ok where did ya mount the LED's? Mine dont light up near that well. i have them under the fan shround or close to it.

Also how many do ya have in there.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:13 PM

as far as how to dress it up get a photo of the engin bay posted and we can maby see somthign diffrent.

what i did with mine is paint the engin cover body color and then high light it with the Torch red paint on the writing.

Also on all the nuts or bolts that i could see i used testors STOP LIGHT RED (real close to Torchred) and painted them all so if they were visabel i painted them.

Then i made sure everythig was REAL clean.

Then i added the LED's also (but his look better the mine[:@]

Old 03-15-2008, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

ok where did ya mount the LED's? Mine dont light up near that well. i have them under the fan shround or close to it.

Also how many do ya have in there.
there are two pointed on the engine cover and i mounted them in two little holes(factory holes)that are between the upper motor mounts and i ran the wire in between the the frame and out right next to the battery.

also i just noticed i linked the wrong picture to my first reply here is the picture i ment to link to it

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x.../NEWENGINE.jpg

Old 03-15-2008, 03:28 PM

I washed the long cruel Winter off my Engine,, this afternoon. All I did was make a nice mixture of Lesstoil and Amonia in a Spray Bottle and went out and shot all the grime that got up in there from Slush Season.

Worked-out pretty well. At least the Engine Compartment and the Engine are nice and clean without having to put a harsh degreaser on it. I did some light scrubbing where there was salt stain and any fluid addition spill-over and got the Aluminum looking nice and bright and clean. I'm not ashamed to open the hood, now. I'm squared-away!

Old 03-15-2008, 08:38 PM

lest oil LOL man i wish i could find it here. we used to have it as ahouse hold cleaner when i lived back home in the big buckeye!!

But i did this today also. and actually found a neat thing by complete accident.
ZEP products makes a biodegradabel degreaser. and it really suprized me a lot . remeber me saying that when they shipped the car back to the states they out something all over under the hood that i could not get back off. it made my white car look black litterly.

Well this stuff cut in to it with out even hurting the paint and with very minimal scrubbing with a wash cloth and paper towel it came right off. of everything i could find under the hood.
To include the stuff on the fire wall that i really could not get to.

But words of coution.
I scared the @#^%#^ out of my self with it. I washed everythign and also made sure the rest fo the car was nice and clean. Thoguht i had rinsed it enough to get everythign off.

Well i took the car out for a test drive after hooking up the V.S.S. wire in my car and it started smoking on me like the motor was on fire.

me and two other cars pulled over with them grabbing thier fire extingishers LOL
it was just burning off the stuff i had gotten on the tail pipes LOL

Old 03-18-2008, 12:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/8

I got the engine pic's up for my 3.9 V-6