General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

engine dress up

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Default engine dress up

any idea where i can get things such as radiator hoses in like blue or red for my monte? im tryin to dress up the engine a little and cant find this stuff. thanks guys

Old 01-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: engine dress up

i think dayco makes blue rad hose...but its universal..so its like rad flex hose..so it looks kinda ribbed...just find a supplier that sells dayco hoses and belts near where you live

or i think you can buy loom..whether or not they make it big enough to cover rad hoses i'm not entirerly sure...

as well as the same companies that make the hose cover stuff that looks stainless...they also have it in red and blue..and i think thats mr gasket

Old 01-26-2007, 05:58 PM

here you go, it will cost you up front but you wont have to worrie about them going bad on you for a loooong time.
http://www.coolflex.com/cfm/welcome.cfm

we had actually talked to them at one time about a group buy for our club. and they were willign to do so but we coudl not get enough of a intrest in them . for the most part out club has low budget cars in it there are a few that are more show then go.

But honestly they have these and aslo a version called python and they are slick looking also.
im sure ther eare more out there. but i havent foudn no more then the two mentioned here.

Would love to find diffrent companies so if any of you know of any let me knwo Please.

I still want a set of them for all my hoses

Old 01-27-2007, 01:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Does anyone make good looking valve covers for my L-67? Chrome or black wrinkle finish would be preferred.
Has anyone customized / painted their S/C shroud? I did my shroud on my '01 in gloss black trimmed in red, with a SS emblem added to it.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:26 PM

I'd like to see some pics when or if you guys get any of this stuff put on you Monte

Old 01-27-2007, 05:23 PM

richard, no prob i willpost some after i get them.

also as faras the wrinkel finish is not to tuff to do you cna get it from a Harley shop they use it on the motors so it is high temp also

Old 01-27-2007, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey
richard, no prob i willpost some after i get them.
sounds good. You still in Germany or have you made it stateside yet?

Old 01-27-2007, 06:40 PM

not yet the car is on it's way back home but we dont get there till after the first next motnh.

but should be a fun trip two kids threw a airport not once but 5 times LOL
and i wonder why i smoke now? LOL

Old 01-27-2007, 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

not yet the car is on it's way back home but we dont get there till after the first next motnh.
but should be a fun trip two kids threw a airport not once but 5 times LOL
and i wonder why i smoke now? LOL
Damn man, that's a hell of a trip. I'd suggest a healthy serving of alcohol to help calm your nerves

Old 01-28-2007, 01:39 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

For him or the kids? [sm=Awwww.gif]

Quick Reply: engine dress up