Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

4th Gen ('81-'88): 1984 monte carlo ss

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Question 1984 monte carlo ss

I just got a 1984 monte carlo ss. I have done a full tune up and replaced and repaired a few things that needed to be done. i cant figure out why when i go from park to drive or drive to park the car kind of jerks/jumps. can anyone tell me what might be the issue? thanks

Old 08-09-2013, 05:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ezmoneybaggz
I just got a 1984 monte carlo ss. I have done a full tune up and replaced and repaired a few things that needed to be done. i cant figure out why when i go from park to drive or drive to park the car kind of jerks/jumps. can anyone tell me what might be the issue? thanks
Is the idle set at the correct rpm? A high idle could cause the problem you mention.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Question

It is idling a little high I'm sure a new carb wouldn't hurt. I was thinking elderbrok1406 600cfm. But I wasn't sure if I really needed a new one. I'm no mechanic and the one I have has serious labor fees. What do you suggest

Old 08-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Bob

at one time i owned a 1986 monte carlo ss, first thing i would do that is going to be cheap, is replace all the vacuum lines. who knows when or if they were ever replace, the hoses have to be hard as rock and cracked. A vacuum leak can cause all kind of weird problems, even the one you have now.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Bob

The carb. you are thinking of getting would be a great fit. do not go any bigger then the 600 cfm. Do you know of a good place that can rebuild a carb? Cause rebuilding would be the why to go , would save some money, but theses days it is VERY HARD to find someone who knows how to rebuild a CARB.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 AM

Nobody to rebuild my mechanic said by a new one and replace it. Vaccume leaks I will have him double check and see tomorrow.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:44 AM

Chassis Dyno Tuning Carburetor Repair and Adjustment Denver Colorado

Click above link

Also, have you used a good carb cleaner ?

<table width="570" style="text-transform: none; line-height: 12pt; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"><td width="560" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;" colspan="3">
Carburetor and choke cleaner quickly and effectively removes fuel system gum and varnish deposits. Carburetor and choke cleaner is safe for oxygen sensors and catalytic converters and will not leave any residue.

</td></tr><tr style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"><td width="10" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"></td><td width="10" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"></td><td width="510" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;">High-pressure spray quickly removes fuel system gum and varnish deposits without leaving any residue.

</td><td width="40" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"></td></tr><tr style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"><td width="10" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"></td><td width="10" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"></td><td width="510" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;">Cleans carburetors, automatic chokes and PCV valves in seconds.

</td><td width="40" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"></td></tr><tr style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"><td width="10" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"></td><td width="10" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;"></td><td width="510" height="10" align="left" valign="top" style="line-height: 12pt; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal;">Oxygen sensor and catalytic converter safe.
Less then $5 Good Luck

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 08-09-2013, 02:49 PM

Thanks that's the first thing on my list