Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

The worst products

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 PM

emollient oils or nutrients? paint has nutrients? Im not being a smart @ss I'm just asking a question.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:02 PM

Dawn does work well if you want to get to the paint, for those that haven't or don't have time to clay give surf city garage beyond clay a try. I use it with a PC to get all contaminants off the paint and then you can take care of swirl/haze in clear coat & seal up with a polish or wax.

If you want good tips search YouTube for Junkman, he has a series on getting paint perfect and discounts on products to get you perfect paint.

I personally use adamspolishes on all my vehicles, you can't tell they are all old with better than 100 rounds. Go to adamspolishes.com, you can get 10% of by entering SuperSport at checkout, I found them on SilvradoSS forum.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

I really could rip everyone up about using dawn soap but im not going to and im just going to say.. use this.... >>> Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Red <<< Later you'll be glad you did.. plus its safer and more slick so you don't scratch your paint

This >>> http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guy...ash-gloss.html <<< this will work as well at a higher dilution rate.. This is very similar as the first product linked but its an older formula.

Last edited by jaws2008; 05-22-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:58 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using Dawn to wash your car SO LONG AS YOUR GOAL IS TO REMOVE ALL WAX FROM THE PAINT. And after reading the posts here that was exactly the reason you guys use it so kudos, you're all well informed Are there better products out there to do that, absolutely, and jaws posted a couple of them in his post. I also use Chemical Guys products and not one has been unimpressing. Haven't used the Red wash he posted yet but if it's as good as the Citrus Wash n' Gloss you won't want to use anything else after using it. CWNG leaves a "just waxed" finish on your car due to the gloss enhancers in it. You think your car looks good after washing with your current wash.....haha, try this stuff and prepare to be amazed.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:03 AM

- Yeah, there is nothin' wrong with dishwashing soap for car washing. Nothin'.

Green Palmolive is for me, ...

Old 05-30-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by brendan127
Same here, we use it also looks great. Megiaur's is also a very reputable brand for their car cleaning supplies. The turtle wax black box is even better than the black detailer. Turtle wax tire shine on the other hand, well... I don't think I can say what I think about it here.. lol. I use Armor All Extreme Shine.
I've yet to use it but I have The black box downstairs somewhere, also picked up a meguiers clay ba rkit I have yet to use that either lol. I hate Meguiers tires shine I can't think of the exact one but I have some that you pour onto a foam aplicator (thats suppose to be "no Mess") and use anyway it shines pretty nicely just sticky gross mess thats hard to clean from your hands.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

sounds like an improper application. especially if you did it on a hot car...in the hot sun. Or if you used turtle wax. that stuff deserves to be put in the garbage.

90% of my detail collection is meguiars, never had one problem. Try the NXT gen stuff, its better on the black cars.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mines only ever had maguires on it.....I cant begin to even count how many coats.....over the years at countless car shows...

And it hasnt been waxed in Maybe 8 yrs.... and still shines like anything.

Since becomeing an above knee amputee I can no longer do that kind of detailing anymore....But Id sure be willing to pay someone whos abled bodied to help me out!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...If possible...

Worst product I have ever used...
New Finish...and Turtlewax ICE

Last edited by STUMPMI; 07-02-2012 at 08:54 PM.