Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

The worst products

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:24 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Turtle wax think it is made from turtle poop
LOL

Old 05-21-2012, 03:44 AM

Meguiar's Endurance Tire Shine is the Worst Tire Shine ever! Sprays out blueish purple and Stained my Nitto NT555s

Old 05-21-2012, 08:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

dish soap is for dishes and should never be used on a car.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I've never had a problem with the turtle wax black quick detailer but maybe i'm just crazy lol totally possible.
Same here, we use it also looks great. Megiaur's is also a very reputable brand for their car cleaning supplies. The turtle wax black box is even better than the black detailer. Turtle wax tire shine on the other hand, well... I don't think I can say what I think about it here.. lol. I use Armor All Extreme Shine.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03

I remember using it when I was younger on my first car......

Old 05-21-2012, 04:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I've used basic Dawn every time before clay bar, polish, and wax. Never had any issues

Don't get me wrong I was totally against it at first until I saw the results. The most basic Dawn is not at all too harsh or bad for the paint/clear coat/etc. Of course if you just wash your car with dawn and let it sit, bye bye clear coat haha! Definitely requires a proper polish/wax/sealant after. But then again I'm just a 19 year old kid who most will never listen too

At least I have yet to find something that is as cheap and easily found that removes all old wax. Until someone finds me a good example of plain Dawn destroying their vehicle, (with a proper clay, polish, wax) OR something cheaper that works better??? (don't see how it's possible, because Dawn does an amazing job of removing the old wax,grease, and grime for cheap), I'll keep using it

I will say, I wouldn't use Dawn (dish soap) everytime. Maybe once or twice a year.

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 05-21-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:40 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

In all seriousness I love the shine I get using Meguiar's NXT2.0 wax, but it has a really bad problem of leaving a white build up around windows and under cracks that I can barely get to. Not fun.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
In all seriousness I love the shine I get using Meguiar's NXT2.0 wax, but it has a really bad problem of leaving a white build up around windows and under cracks that I can barely get to. Not fun.
Same here. I actually used some blue painters tape to mask off trim of windows/etc. when using NXT the last time and had excellent results. Worth the extra time of taping everything off

Old 05-22-2012, 06:32 AM

I strongly warn against using Mother's wheel cleaner. I used it as directed and it F$%$ed up 2 of my wheels.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Believe it or not Lou, the (blue) Dawn was recommended to me by a detail shop, and I know of several detailers that use and recommend it.

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
I've used basic Dawn every time before clay bar, polish, and wax. Never had any issues

Don't get me wrong I was totally against it at first until I saw the results. The most basic Dawn is not at all too harsh or bad for the paint/clear coat/etc. Of course if you just wash your car with dawn and let it sit, bye bye clear coat haha! Definitely requires a proper polish/wax/sealant after. But then again I'm just a 19 year old kid who most will never listen too

I will say, I wouldn't use Dawn (dish soap) everytime. Maybe once or twice a year.
^This^

Since it does remove the old wax (giving you an excellent starting point) you do need to use a clay bar or compound then polish and wax afterwards to replenish the nutrients in the paint and protect it.

Quick Reply: The worst products