Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Turtle Wax Black Box???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Default Turtle Wax Black Box?

Originally Posted by montechick
I always use meguires on my car. love it i do the clay bar, 3 step wax in spring then the 2.0 wax the rest of the time, i have also used the interior cleaners but since im a detailer i find that when i actually do a full clean on my car that the meguires leaves it really gross like it just coated over everything in a black stick paste. anyone else have this problem, i stopped using it cuz it grossed me out a bit lol
I had that problem too with the Meguiar's interior cleaner. I've tried several different brands and keep coming back to good old Armor All. It shines nicely without leaving streaks and globs.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

^^^ What product of Meguiars. Ive never had problems with their new Natural Shine/ Superior Shine protectant. There Natural Shine is great. Spray it on to a foam applicator pad and rub it in like wax then wipe off with clean microfiber.

Armor All is really really bad products they've ruined many peoples dashes etc. They leave an awful lot of greasy dirty residue and many other things.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaws2008
^^^ What product of Meguiars. Ive never had problems with their new Natural Shine/ Superior Shine protectant. There Natural Shine is great. Spray it on to a foam applicator pad and rub it in like wax then wipe off with clean microfiber.

Armor All is really really bad products they've ruined many peoples dashes etc. They leave an awful lot of greasy dirty residue and many other things.
I have never once had a problem with Meguiars natural shine either, its what i use for shows.

armor all i have had problem with also, my dad used it in his vet and it stayed really greasy and he ended up having a bigger problem

(josh if you see this check your pms)

Old 11-27-2010, 11:21 PM

I'm not quite sure what kind it was in red or black bottle.. dont notice it when you put it on but when i use the product at work( im a car detailer) the rag comes up black and is just plain nasty lol, and i will never use armor all... mom used it on her old truck all the time, and all the vinyl ended up cracking :S so no thanks im good lol

Old 11-28-2010, 06:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by montechick
I'm not quite sure what kind it was in red or black bottle.. dont notice it when you put it on but when i use the product at work( im a car detailer) the rag comes up black and is just plain nasty lol, and i will never use armor all... mom used it on her old truck all the time, and all the vinyl ended up cracking :S so no thanks im good lol
The Dash and areas should be cleaned before you put protectant on it. You can use an all purpose cleaner or you can find just specifically a vinyl cleaner. Then apply the protectant stuff. Because if you dont clean it first then the protectant will clean it and often doesn't work properly and your cloth will be dirty because it picked up all the dirt on the dash etc.. hence the black stuff is good because you picked up the dirt off the dash.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:18 AM

i use armor all quick interior wipes after cleaning everything with soap and water ...

but i dont let it stay gooey and soaked, i wipe it down with a paper towel until its not reflective, just mildly shiny ...

i really wish this black box thread would die ... so no one thinks we encourage the use of that crap filler wax ...