Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Turtle Wax Ice

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Default Turtle Wax Ice

Hi all,
I just used Turtle Wax Ice, which is a new synthetic polish/wax on my 05 Monte LT.
It was very easy to put on and take off. No white residue and it can be used in the Sun, no problem.
It made my grey metalic paint really pop. How long the shine will last remains to be seen. But so far I like it.

Rob

Old 05-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Turtle Wax Ice

i've heard lots of good stuff about this stuff ...but its so new that nobody knows how long it lasts

i'll always be a meguairs person myself..but this stuff is worth a look

Old 05-05-2006, 10:19 AM

Turtle Wax sent me the both the "Synthetic Liquid Polish" and the "Spray Detailer" for review. I am going to wax my entire car this weekend and post a review of the product in about two weeks. As Rob mentioned, hang time will be a factor when comparing it other wax products. But the test I have done so far (small test areas) have been pretty impressive.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:10 AM

How much is that stuff? The fact that it's a wax that doesn't dust is not impressive considering that I've not used a wax that dust's in years. Being able to use it in direct sunlight seems very convenient considering the difficulty in finding an area that is out of the direct sunlight, yet yields enough light to be able to see the imperfections in your paint. For those of you who have used it, please list what other products you have used and rate ICE in comparison.

The only Turtle Wax product I have been able to embrace is their Platinum QD, that stuff is just awesome!!!!!

Old 05-08-2006, 02:37 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just put that stuff on this weekend. I dont think it will last very long. I just totally detailed my car this weekend with meguires pro line Mirror Glaze. I think I should have put the hi tech yellow wax on for better protection and then the ICE.
It does look great though

Old 05-08-2006, 11:01 PM

i used that yesterday its good after you wax and buff the car makes it that much more shiny

Old 05-15-2006, 05:09 PM

Colenite is the best wax to use...I work at a detail shop and nothing tops it, it lasts for months. It is a professional product though, so it may be hard to get a hold of, but if you can you will be satisfied, though it is harder to put on and take off the end results are like glass.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

hey awsomess where did you get those graphics they are the best ive seen on a monte

Old 05-16-2006, 02:12 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I designed the hood graphic in adobe illustrator and brought it to a vinyl graphics guy. He customized the sides for me.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Tony85ss

Colenite is the best wax to use...I work at a detail shop and nothing tops it, it lasts for months. It is a professional product though, so it may be hard to get a hold of, but if you can you will be satisfied, though it is harder to put on and take off the end results are like glass.
Well, since you work at a detail shop we have a hook up for it

I'm so ****, I don't think I could allow my car to go months w/o detailing it

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Ice