Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Turtle Wax Black Box???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 06:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Default Turtle Wax Black Box???

Soo I was in Autozone earlier looking for polish for the monte & I came across that Turtle Wax Black Box thing I've heard about in the past. I'm thinking about buying it eventually but I don't wanna pay over 20 bucks for it unless I know it works or not. Sooooo has anyone on here heard about it or has used it on their car????

Old 09-02-2010, 07:04 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL. Thought I stumbled upon a craigslist "personal services" post for a second.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Default turtle wax

....Brittany, when you can do comparison of major ingrediants in Turtle Wax, Meguires, Mothers and others. I use Meguires Gold Class. Not too cheap but very good and it will last a long time.
I haven't seen this new stuff yet. Look for Carnuba in the Turtle Wax brand....

Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 PM

I think I was reading somewhere on this forum...

The clear coat that you're waxing...isn't black...it's clear. I think the black wax is just a bunch of filler that would look nice for a couple days.

I prefer Zymol and Meguires Tech 2.0 wax.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by irulesoha
I think I was reading somewhere on this forum...

The clear coat that you're waxing...isn't black...it's clear. I think the black wax is just a bunch of filler that would look nice for a couple days.

I prefer Zymol and Meguires Tech 2.0 wax.
I think this is what you are referring to

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...t=22214&page=4

i just dont trust anything for cars that trys to skip or combine steps ... especially turtle wax ... like that black box for black cars ... uhhh duhhh clear coats are CLEAR !!!!!!!!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:39 PM

Well I use the NXT Gen Tech 2.0 Paste wax along with all of my other Meguiar's products lol I have an intense full detailing system that takes me hours upon hours. I just bought polish today so that's added to the detailing roster now. I was just wondering if it actually worked because with my monte usually being the one of the only (if not the only) daily driver in all of these car shows, I kinda need to make the monte as beautiful as possible ya know

Old 09-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

it has black die in it it's basicly a cover up it's like alot of the "scratch removers" they really dont remove the scratch it just fills it and it matches tye clear coat as time goes it looses the filler and the "removed" scratch reappears

Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 PM

Soo you are saying to not waste the money on it?

Also I had another question that I forgot to ask on here, I was gonna start a diff thread on it but I figure I'll just add it on this one...does anyone know if this works & can be used on the rubbery trim around the windows? Mine are starting to fade & I'm freaking out about it!

Another 10 bucks I don't wanna waste if it doesn't work or isn't for the window trim

Old 09-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

pritty much what im saying, i know it's gunna sound wierd but tire shine! i've done it time and time again, it's what i used on the engine compartmemt too and love how it's back to black, yes it goes ba k just like if it's on your tires but sure makes it look good! or try the plastic rejuvinator, or the back to black stuff

Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 PM

hmmm interesting, I've never thought of that before. I have the ridiculously messy hot shine tire gel from meguiars so that'll be fun trying to put it on there without getting it on the windows or the body of the car. I use armor all interior cleaner in the engine bay area usually since it's cheaper then that hot shine stuff & not nearly as messy

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Black Box???