Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Black turtle wax

Old 08-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Default Black turtle wax

I just used Black turtle wax for the first time at Mike's suggestion. It works fantastic. It took me 3 hours to wash and wax my car but the final result was amazing. Used the spray kind rubbed it in and wiped it off with polishing cloths. Took every scratch and swirl mark out of my paint. Even the giant 2 foot scratch on my quarter was almost completely gone. Looked like my car just came from the factory or better.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What No Pic's ???

Old 08-27-2012, 11:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint View Post
Took every scratch and swirl mark out of my paint. Even the giant 2 foot scratch on my quarter was almost completely gone. Looked like my car just came from the factory or better.
It just dyed those scratches. In about a week or so they will start to return or look weird.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint View Post
Took every scratch and swirl mark out of my paint. Even the giant 2 foot scratch on my quarter was almost completely gone. Looked like my car just came from the factory or better.
Not to hate on you but there's no way this statement is true!!

The black box kit is not at all intended for "paint correction." Instead what you have is a "glaze with FILLERS." It's designed to "hide" the scratches and swirls.

For real paint correction you need a DA and proper compounds.

Again I'm not totally trying to bash you but its better to give the truth than act as if a $20 spray on bottle can do paint correction lol...

I personally wouldn't use it on my car. I used it back when I was young and uniformed on my 98 explorer. Scratches were back in a matter of weeks once I had washed it a few times and the black box product wore off. Maybe it's changed idk, only time will tell for you, but I'd really recommend a real paint correction for best results.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
It just dyed those scratches. In about a week or so they will start to return or look weird.
X2, great minds must think alike

Old 08-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS View Post
Not to hate on you but there's no way this statement is true!!

The black box kit is not at all intended for "paint correction." Instead what you have is a "glaze with FILLERS." It's designed to "hide" the scratches and swirls.

For real paint correction you need a DA and proper compounds.

Again I'm not totally trying to bash you but its better to give the truth than act as if a $20 spray on bottle can do paint correction lol...

I personally wouldn't use it on my car. I used it back when I was young and uniformed on my 98 explorer. Scratches were back in a matter of weeks once I had washed it a few times and the black box product wore off. Maybe it's changed idk, only time will tell for you, but I'd really recommend a real paint correction for best results.
Well covered by mike and Justin,

It's just like a woman's cover up, once it washes off you what you really have there
Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS View Post
X2, great minds must think alike
Make that x3

Old 08-27-2012, 02:36 PM

Well i know its not a permanent fix but for a show this works awesome. Rained on it 2 times and washed it and it has not worn off. At worse this will be a once every two week job that makes my car look so sweet. And befor a show noone will be able to tell its just wax not perfect paint.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's just so messy and a lot of work, when a proper compounding should take all of that out and then just proper care will keep it that way.

Agreed the black detailer spray is decent for a quick car-show touch up, but to fully wax it all the time just to dye the scratches? Not effective.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:55 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Hes got a few deep scratches that need almost a repaint so the wax is the best option so far

Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 PM

Idk, I just used the Turtle Wax Black Box last week for the first time, and so far so good - it looks fantastic. At best, you're covering up (yes I know, not fixing for real) some scratches and marks, and at worst, well you're washing and waxing your car. I don't really see the problem with it if you have the time. Wax is wax, black or white. Whether or not you want the temporary dye/fix is up to you.

In the long run though, you're certainly better off using materials that will actually fix the problem instead of covering it up, but idk why you guys hate so much on people who use the Black Box - like I said, wax is wax - the dye is just added effect for people who want instant satisfaction.

I bought a Black Box, and will use it until it runs out. Then, I may look into some paint correction stuff/fixing solutions, but until then, I'm happy just like the OP.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black turtle wax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.