Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Turtle Wax ICE Polish Review.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Default Turtle Wax ICE Polish Review.

I elected to give the Newish Turtle Wax ICE Polish a shot today, out of curiosity.

The claim: Ice can be applied to all exterior surfaces including rubber moldings, plastic trim, headlights and taillights, even in direct sunlight, or on a hot surface.

Application : Realivly easy with the exception that the product is completely clear, making it difficult to see if you have missed any spots. I used 25ml for the entire car, maybe. You definitally get a lot of polishes for the money, and free application tools! (A microfibre cloth, and an applicator sponge)

Buffing: Contrary to what I belived, this polish does not haze visibly, or at least not for me. Might be the humity of the area. It did buff off with very little strain or ease, and did as promised. No white residue, and on a hot surface.

Conclusion : It did as promised. It did produce a decent wet look for the car, with little or no fuss. As an added bonus, the headlights and tailights do look shiner, and I now realise I need a headlight replaced.. Crome is fogging. Its a little hard to see what youve polished, so you'll find yourself going over areas a few times, just in case.

Outside conditions:

(metric)
Temperature
28°C
Pressure/ Tendency
101.8 kPa↓
Humidity
49 %
Humidex

(imperial)
Temperature
83°F
Humidity
49 %
Humidex

Old 07-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Default RE: Turtle Wax ICE Polish Review.

[align=center]Hi Ian, thanks for sharingyour detailed review with the members.[/align][align=center]Keep us updated on it's lasting abilities.[/align][align=center]Where's the before, & after pic's ? : ) [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think Turtle Wax should send you all their products[/align][align=center]for you to test, & review (Free of course : ).[/align][align=center]...Yes, I agree : )[/align][align=center]EnJoy the beautiful, of your freshly polished Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center]~ Peace ~[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-25-2007, 07:41 PM

a friend and i used it on his truck.....it did haze on the black surface......but not much. we compared it to mcguires wax(sp?) and another turtle wax at the time and it stood up pretty well compared to the others. if you are looking for a quick wax....this stuff is worth the try.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Yes. I predict this stuff wont last as well. Ive noticed that it doesnt fill in the scratches as well as a paste wax, but that is probably why they make the paste wax seperate.. I think I will try the ICE claybar next time..

Old 07-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

how would you rate it out of 10?? and yah i was wondering how long the stuff would last myself too

Old 07-26-2007, 08:21 AM

it lasts until u wash it, adn it collects dust very quickly, i use it for a quick detail at car shows and by the end of the show the cars dusty and when i wash it you can see where it washes off on some places. my solution nothing is better then multiple coats of good paste wax

Old 07-26-2007, 10:13 AM

I have used all of the Ice product line except the liquid clay bar. The car wash is very good. Gets very soapy and washes off easy and leaves no marks. The Ice paste lasts longer than the liquid, but of course takes more effort to work with. And you can use them in sunlight. The detailer works just like a detailer.

Rob
2005 Metallic gray LT

Old 07-26-2007, 10:52 AM

claybar is obviously better......but i think the point of this stuff is to have something that is more of a quick wax and something easy

Old 07-26-2007, 12:56 PM

I have used the ICE Claybar
It works great, I still had other waxes to finish. Want to use them before I spend another 16.99 for a bottle of wax.

The claybar did a great job. Easy to apply (you have to do it in sections)

Next time the wife and I wash and wax the Monte we will use all the Ice products. Will take before and after pictures