Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

paint overspray removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Default RE: paint overspray removal

ORIGINAL: mickey

yeah trying to. the ins. just told me the total bill for it all . we were at a grand total of 8500.00 worth of damage and stolen equipment .

the only thing they did not do the way i had in the other set up is the box mine had a window in it and was a obcon box thiers is some off brand with no windo but it is still a decent box. made from heavy M.D.F. instead of partical borad. they tried that oen the first time and i would not allow it
That's frickin' hilarious, I not only have an Obcon box, but Obcon subs and an Obcon amp. When I bought the package 3yrs ago, which costed me about $220, I had very low expectations for it but I was pleasantly suprised. I'm still bumping my Obcon subs and box today and they're going strong, the amp has been given the boot though cause I found a Phoenix Gold Ryval series 1000 watt amp at Fry's for $99, and since my Obcon amp wasn't very powerful and had an intermittent connection problem it had to go. I'm very happy with the box though, it's sealed, and my subs too, they kept me pacified while I pieced together my SQ system.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Default RE: paint overspray removal

yeha i liked mine it was a good solid box. now i have ascorpion box. (never heard of them)

It sounds ok but im sure there is more to it if it were a stronger amp. they took a 1000 wat mono block falsegate amp.

After the whole thing i have a 200 watt fase gate mono block amp it pushes them good and they are the right size subs for the amp. just dont hit the same but im happy with the sound.

The reason for the change was so i didnt have to come ou tof pocket for the new stereo with the Nav. in the dash. my other one had it also but they were only goign to replace it with a doubbel din head unit and i refused to have it in the car. So for the up grade to the singel din was about the same cost as the amp change so i took it.

But i still need to find me a false gate 4 channel amp so i can replace the factory version im now back to.

also want to replace the front speakers that were in the car i had the cappa series and now would rather have somethign diffrent. and those were taken but they replaced them with a stock speaker and i didnt catch it till after i singed off. So when i called them on it they wrote me a check for the diffrence after proving it.
So i just need to get off my tail and get them and put them in.