Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

paint overspray removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: paint overspray removal

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Since you're a body guy and while I have your attention, is the door molding on my car held on with double sided foam tape? I want to get rid of it but don't want holes left behind in my door.
Im pretty sure there should be two alignment holes on the door for the mouldings, one towards the front and one towards the back, but tape is all that holds it on.

edit:
Im looking atthe diagram on the computer and it doesnt show any holes in the door in the illustration. I looked at a grand prix door on there too and it doesnt show any holes either, but I know that there are because im working on one right now. I think the best way to find out for sure would be to pop off the door panel and take a peek inside.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:54 PM

i removed my mouldings nothing but the 2 sided tape behind it

Old 05-14-2008, 07:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I think the 5th and 6th gens might be different. You never know though. Hopefully it is just a feel off moulding, with no holes. BTW chris I like your signature.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:24 PM

ty matt d00d, and i dont think theres any holes in it but im gonna expirement on a junkyard car tomorrow just so ill know

Old 05-14-2008, 07:28 PM

i know for fact the 6th gens ahve the holes int ehm I have a peice fo the moulding off of my car and it has them on both the doors and the rear 1/4 pannel

Old 05-14-2008, 07:31 PM

well that freed up some time for me tomorrow

good call mickey d00d, and im even gladder now that i got a 5th gen kept me from having to fill holes

Old 05-14-2008, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: mrl390

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Since you're a body guy and while I have your attention, is the door molding on my car held on with double sided foam tape? I want to get rid of it but don't want holes left behind in my door.
Im pretty sure there should be two alignment holes on the door for the mouldings, one towards the front and one towards the back, but tape is all that holds it on.

edit:
Im looking atthe diagram on the computer and it doesnt show any holes in the door in the illustration. I looked at a grand prix door on there too and it doesnt show any holes either, but I know that there are because im working on one right now. I think the best way to find out for sure would be to pop off the door panel and take a peek inside.
You were right, Mickey confirmed it

ORIGINAL: mickey

i know for fact the 6th gens ahve the holes int ehm I have a peice fo the moulding off of my car and it has them on both the doors and the rear 1/4 pannel

Old 05-14-2008, 07:42 PM

Guess that is one of the good things out of having my car broke in to LOL
but i happen to have the parts from the door they didnt throw them away athey were in the trunk

Old 05-14-2008, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

Guess that is one of the good things out of having my car broke in to LOL
but i happen to have the parts from the door they didnt throw them away athey were in the trunk
hey, gotta find the silver lining in every situation, right?

Old 05-15-2008, 01:57 PM

yeah trying to. the ins. just told me the total bill for it all . we were at a grand total of 8500.00 worth of damage and stolen equipment .

the only thing they did not do the way i had in the other set up is the box mine had a window in it and was a obcon box thiers is some off brand with no windo but it is still a decent box. made from heavy M.D.F. instead of partical borad. they tried that oen the first time and i would not allow it

Quick Reply: paint overspray removal