Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

How often do you clean your car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
you have a white car so stuff doesn't show up as easy. There comes a point when quick detail and a microfiber will do damage. If you really wash your mitt out when washing your car you wont damage anything. Buffed mine two years ago and wash/wax it once a week and still looks just as good.

Really nice job. White may look like it get me dirty faster but it's a lot easier to detail. Just like black is one of the hardest to colors to detail. You are also correct never use a dirty microfiber, it could scratch the paint.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:20 PM

If you want to wash it, take the time and do a 2 or 3 bucket wash, if done correctly you won't add swirl marks to your clear.

You can also find good waterless wash that will get you a quicker clean without damage.

I use many products, most come from Adams Polishes's. take a look at the videos they have and a forum for help.

Adam's Premium Car Care - Cleaners, Waxes and Polishes Made in the USA

Old 04-14-2013, 02:58 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by gothkid
Have you ever used a Clay Bar?
Yea the last time I clay barred mine was around January

Old 04-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Usually I wash it 1-2 times a week, I drive alot so everything gets dirty real quick.
I usually use a 2 bucket system, empty the water bucket frequently along with soap to prevent dirt scratches.
Full detail once a season(clay included) & wax every 3 months. Spray wax every few washes.

Last edited by Red Nightmare; 04-14-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by gothkid
Really nice job. White may look like it get me dirty faster but it's a lot easier to detail. Just like black is one of the hardest to colors to detail. You are also correct never use a dirty microfiber, it could scratch the paint.
Luckily detailing is my job so it is pretty easy for me to keep up on it. Yep white is by far the easiest. All I have been getting lately is black stuff to buff ugh. Haha

Old 04-14-2013, 09:49 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
Luckily detailing is my job so it is pretty easy for me to keep up on it. Yep white is by far the easiest. All I have been getting lately is black stuff to buff ugh. Haha
Do you know of any products or any ways to make cleaning pollen off easier? When I wake up in the morning my car is covered and is normally pretty stuck on due to the morning moisture. Which means I normally just break out the hose and give it a quick spray down and then dry it off and give it a quick wipe down with some quick detailing spray and then a few hours later I'm back to square 1. Do I just need to put up with it for a couple more weeks till the pollen dies down a bit or do you know of any easier ways to clean the pollen off?

Old 04-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Do you know of any products or any ways to make cleaning pollen off easier? When I wake up in the morning my car is covered and is normally pretty stuck on due to the morning moisture. Which means I normally just break out the hose and give it a quick spray down and then dry it off and give it a quick wipe down with some quick detailing spray and then a few hours later I'm back to square 1. Do I just need to put up with it for a couple more weeks till the pollen dies down a bit or do you know of any easier ways to clean the pollen off?
Usually just a quick hose off should work. Or invest in a california duster. They are amazing!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by iMuf
Do you know of any products or any ways to make cleaning pollen off easier?
What wax and detailer are you using? I currently use Meguiar's NXT Gen Tech II wax and quick detail with Lucas Slick Mist. Pollen settles on my car, but a gentle breeze blows it right off because the finish is so slippery it can't cling to it.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:58 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
What wax and detailer are you using? I currently use Meguiar's NXT Gen Tech II wax and quick detail with Lucas Slick Mist. Pollen settles on my car, but a gentle breeze blows it right off because the finish is so slippery it can't cling to it.
I had been using NXT gen tech II but this last wax I did I used some Liquid Glass. I also have been using Mothers Showroom quick detail. I guess I'll go back and use some NXT and I will pick up some Lucas Slick mist and give that a try. I appreciate it.