Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

How often do you clean your car?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM

I wash mine probably once a week. and probably wax and fully detail it every two or 3 weeks. (doesnt see bad weather hardly ever) The only time I usually clean the inside is the dirt on the floor mats I get sometime and the dust it collects on the dash . Other than that it sits in the garage with a cover over it until the weather is beautiful out for a nice drive. Even then it dont get driven sometimes because thats the one chance I get to take my bike for a rid

Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I try to wash mine at least every other week and that usually entails doing at least a partial detail inside and out. I give the interior full attention about every other wash, although I try to keep the seats cleaned/conditioned more frequently. I will do an all out wash, wax and detail maybe two or three times a year, first one being in the spring when the car comes out of storage. After that I wax as I feel necessary. Obviously I wash and detail the Monte inside and out before all shows.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:35 PM

Car never sees rain, and only gets light weekend duty, so usually only have to do touch-ups from bugs and general road crap. But I'll give her a good cleaning about once a month. Full detail whenever I go to large shows.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by iMuf
Yea my car already had some paint imperfections, swirls, and has some rust bubbles starting to appear (it was a northern car). I want to get it repainted so bad.
Same here, the midwest weather is brutal. I'm getting it repainted as soon as I have the cash.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:22 PM
1 Year Member

I do have a question for you guys. Now that pollen season is coming, does anyone know of any quick and easy ways to clean that off. It is crazy at how fast this stuff falls down here in NC. I can clean it and then maybe 2 hours later it will look like crap again. I just recently wasn't able to do any kind of wiping down because of work and all that stuff. and my car went from red to yellow haha. It was bad, so today it got a good little wash. But it almost seems like when the pollen falls it really sticks, so you can't go through with a duster and just dust it off, or could that just mean my car is ready for a good coat of wax? I hate pollen season, last year I had my 96' thunderbird around this time and I pretty much just gave up for about a month until we got a couple good rain storms that took care of the pollen problem. I refuse to let that happen with my monte, it must look good 100% of the time haha. So yea if you guys know of any tricks or anything to help clean off pollen pretty easy I would much appreciate it.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 PM

My car once a week. My leased car once a month...

Old 04-14-2013, 04:36 AM

I try to do a laser wash at the least once a week, especially in the winter. In the summer, I try to hand wash once every one to two weeks.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by iMuf
I do have a question for you guys. Now that pollen season is coming, does anyone know of any quick and easy ways to clean that off. It is crazy at how fast this stuff falls down here in NC. I can clean it and then maybe 2 hours later it will look like crap again. I just recently wasn't able to do any kind of wiping down because of work and all that stuff. and my car went from red to yellow haha. It was bad, so today it got a good little wash. But it almost seems like when the pollen falls it really sticks, so you can't go through with a duster and just dust it off, or could that just mean my car is ready for a good coat of wax? I hate pollen season, last year I had my 96' thunderbird around this time and I pretty much just gave up for about a month until we got a couple good rain storms that took care of the pollen problem. I refuse to let that happen with my monte, it must look good 100% of the time haha. So yea if you guys know of any tricks or anything to help clean off pollen pretty easy I would much appreciate it.
Have you ever used a Clay Bar?

Old 04-14-2013, 08:22 AM

I'm sorry to bring sad news, but washing your car can really cause damage to the paint. The once and a while is fine. The best and recommend was to wash your car is using a microfiber towel, quick detailer, and quick wax.

I have yet to really wash my car. I have ran it threw a auto was for the underbody.
Name:  38B02BD6-7BFF-4ED4-9DAE-A9A2D381737C-3211-000004667153ADE8.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  168.9 KB

Wash and wax

Old 04-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

you have a white car so stuff doesn't show up as easy. There comes a point when quick detail and a microfiber will do damage. If you really wash your mitt out when washing your car you wont damage anything. Buffed mine two years ago and wash/wax it once a week and still looks just as good.

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 04-14-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How often do you clean your car?