Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   How often do you clean your car? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/how-often-do-you-clean-your-car-41607/)

iMuf 02-24-2013 09:40 AM

How often do you clean your car?

Hey everyone, So since I just got my 06' Monte Carlo SS I have been pretty much anal about everything. If I see something as small as water spots I feel like I need to wash my car lol. This is only my second car and my first car that is this nice. Right now I am at the point where I wash my car nearly every weekend if I have the chance and I generally will use a quick detailer to whipe my car down about 2 or 3 times a week. And it feels like whenever I get broed I go whipe down my car haha. Is anyone else like this or am I just crazy? lol

joeykl66 02-24-2013 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by iMuf (Post 530491)
Hey everyone, So since I just got my 06' Monte Carlo SS I have been pretty much anal about everything. If I see something as small as water spots I feel like I need to wash my car lol. This is only my second car and my first car that is this nice. Right now I am at the point where I wash my car nearly every weekend if I have the chance and I generally will use a quick detailer to whipe my car down about 2 or 3 times a week. And it feels like whenever I get broed I go whipe down my car haha. Is anyone else like this or am I just crazy? lol

if you are weird then i am as well.:thumbsup: we arent crazy we just love our car!;)

iMuf 02-24-2013 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by joeykl66 (Post 530496)
if you are weird then i am as well.:thumbsup: we arent crazy we just love our car!;)

Haha very true

MnteCrloSS47 02-24-2013 10:24 AM

I try not to often because it can fade the paint, but i go usually once or twice a week. If its a dry sunny week and stays clean ill just run the car duster over it.

Budsjlm 02-24-2013 11:08 AM

I shoot for once a week,

lougreen03 02-24-2013 11:22 AM

I wash once a week and clean up the inside as needed.

AwesomeSS 02-24-2013 02:40 PM

If weather permits - once a week

Mels SS 02-24-2013 03:15 PM

I dont wash very often maybe once every other month because it sit in the garage and when does come outside to play the sun is shining and Im off to a car show or cruise night. Only use microfiber towels on your car to wash and to dry the more you touch the surface the bigger chance to get swirls in the paint so use caution every time you touch your paint.

iMuf 02-24-2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mels SS (Post 530558)
I dont was very often maybe once every other month because it sit in the garage and when does come outside to play the sun is shining and Im off to a car show or cruise night. Only use microfiber towels on your car to was and to dry the more you touch the surface the bigger chance to get swirls in the paint so use caution every time you touch your paint.

Yea my car already had some paint imperfections, swirls, and has some rust bubbles starting to appear (it was a northern car). I want to get it repainted so bad.

Mels SS 02-24-2013 03:26 PM

Save your funds and get a quality paint job even if it takes a while to get there.