Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

How often do you clean your car?

  #1  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:40 AM
1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 872
Default How often do you clean your car?

Hey everyone, So since I just got my 06' Monte Carlo SS I have been pretty much **** about everything. If I see something as small as water spots I feel like I need to wash my car lol. This is only my second car and my first car that is this nice. Right now I am at the point where I wash my car nearly every weekend if I have the chance and I generally will use a quick detailer to whipe my car down about 2 or 3 times a week. And it feels like whenever I get broed I go whipe down my car haha. Is anyone else like this or am I just crazy? lol
 
  #2  
Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 AM
joeykl66's Avatar
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,174
Default

Originally Posted by iMuf View Post
Hey everyone, So since I just got my 06' Monte Carlo SS I have been pretty much **** about everything. If I see something as small as water spots I feel like I need to wash my car lol. This is only my second car and my first car that is this nice. Right now I am at the point where I wash my car nearly every weekend if I have the chance and I generally will use a quick detailer to whipe my car down about 2 or 3 times a week. And it feels like whenever I get broed I go whipe down my car haha. Is anyone else like this or am I just crazy? lol
if you are weird then i am as well. we arent crazy we just love our car!
 
  #3  
Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 AM
1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 872
Default

Originally Posted by joeykl66 View Post
if you are weird then i am as well. we arent crazy we just love our car!
Haha very true
 
  #4  
Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 AM
MnteCrloSS47's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vestal NY
Posts: 5,595
Default

I try not to often because it can fade the paint, but i go usually once or twice a week. If its a dry sunny week and stays clean ill just run the car duster over it.
 
  #5  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Budsjlm's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Posts: 7,725
Default

I shoot for once a week,
 
  #6  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM
lougreen03's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: michigan
Posts: 8,442
Default

I wash once a week and clean up the inside as needed.
 
  #7  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM
AwesomeSS's Avatar
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wauconda, IL
Posts: 13,335
Default

If weather permits - once a week
 
  #8  
Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Mels SS's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,212
Default

I dont wash very often maybe once every other month because it sit in the garage and when does come outside to play the sun is shining and Im off to a car show or cruise night. Only use microfiber towels on your car to wash and to dry the more you touch the surface the bigger chance to get swirls in the paint so use caution every time you touch your paint.
 

Last edited by Mels SS; 02-24-2013 at 03:24 PM.
  #9  
Old 02-24-2013, 03:20 PM
1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 872
Default

Originally Posted by Mels SS View Post
I dont was very often maybe once every other month because it sit in the garage and when does come outside to play the sun is shining and Im off to a car show or cruise night. Only use microfiber towels on your car to was and to dry the more you touch the surface the bigger chance to get swirls in the paint so use caution every time you touch your paint.
Yea my car already had some paint imperfections, swirls, and has some rust bubbles starting to appear (it was a northern car). I want to get it repainted so bad.
 
  #10  
Old 02-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Mels SS's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,212
Default

Save your funds and get a quality paint job even if it takes a while to get there.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How often do you clean your car?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.