Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

how do you prevent cracks on dash?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Default how do you prevent cracks on dash?

hey, i heard that the "liquefied petroleum gas" in Armorall is what cauzes cracks in your dash. i want that shiny look but i have no idea what to use. i recently bought "turtle wax, platinum". it looks great but has no ingreatents list. so i dont know if it's bad or not. all it say's is that it will help prevent fading, drying, and cracking. it also say's it's a "phenomenal formulation of chemically engineered polymers.... deep shine... outstanding protection". please help....... should i use it or is it bad?

Old 06-07-2006, 04:56 AM
Default RE: how do you prevent cracks on dash?

ok here is a secret detailers trick if ya want it to look nice and repel dust and still not crack then use this product. it is cheap and comes ina easy to use can and in diffrent sents for you to chose. PLEDGE!!!

I have used it on everythign from my big truck t my cars on the door pannels and even on the plastic and dash pads. for years.
in the big truck it was in direct sun light allot. and never did get britel or crack.
Armor crack dont actually make it look bad, thing is it dries the plastic out so you add more and it keeps doing this till it finally cant pull a shine up any more. and the one time you try to get in to teh dash for something it will crack all over the place for you.
the pledge gives it a shine and also adds oils back in to teh dash. and makes it look nice. also smells better.

I do this then once a year i will use windex to take off all the dirst on the dash and right after im done i repledge it again and it will shine for about a good week or so depending on how much you put on to it.

Also your right armorcrak is crap!!! same with STP theya re the same co. diffrent colored cans other then that no difrrence.