Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

How to prevent my engine from laggin

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Default How to prevent my engine from laggin

Hey guys!!

Its been awhile since I came on here...kind of miss it...

So heres the thing....I like to do a lot of street racing...hehehe...so much fun!!!...(I have a 05 LT, V6). but lately it seems that my car has been laggin....and its taking some time to get into a good speed....kind of got my *** kicked because its been lagging....I just got an oil change and I got my fuel line cleaned...and using top of the line gas...I just dont know what to do??? ANY SUGGESTIONS???? I eventually want to put in a bigger and better engine...but until I have to money to do so...what could I do in the mean time to increase the power and get rid of the lag time...

Thanks...

Flaming Nurse

Old 03-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Default RE: How to prevent my engine from laggin

what motor do you have?
have you checked your spark plugs? sounds like the airfilter could be clogged. also runing too high a octane gas will hurt performance! the higher the grade just means it takes more pressure for it to ignite. so the its best to run the lowest grade gas that you can without knock. the only way to know if you are having knock is to use a scaner that hooks up the the car's computer... the majority of engine knock you cant hear... in these modern Aluminum engines if you had Knock and Ping like in the old 80's cars the engine would just be toast.