Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hennessey's HPE1000 Escalade Cracks 60 in 3.3 Sec, bests Nissan's GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking Hennessey's HPE1000 Escalade Cracks 60 in 3.3 Sec, bests Nissan's GT-R

Hennessey's HPE1000 Escalade Cracks 60 in 3.3 Sec, bests Nissan's GT-R [with Video] What ?
For our affluent Member's, or our proverty member's like `Space
to dream about Member's, what do you think of what Hennessey did to this Escalade WOW Weeeeeee's

Thursday, April 14, 2011

YouTube - Nissan GT-R vs. Hennesey Cadillac Escalade
^^^^CLick above link 2 watch Vid & the Race ^^^^^^^
Click above link, make full screen, turn up the sounds,
buckle `up & hold on

The concept of turning SUVs into pavement-pounding, drag-racing, supercar-shredding monster rods never ceases to amaze me, and by that I mean my jaw is on the floor and I'm completely boggled. I love me some automobiles (and vehicular transportation in general), but there's something about a nigh-three ton box on wheels and oodles of GO that seems...weird. However, if monster rods - or high performance in general - are your cup of Starbucks soy latte, then Hennessey has got you covered (as if you didn't know that already, what with their cray-cray 1,000+ horsepower Vipers from way back when). Below, for your viewing pleasure, is video of a 2011 Cadillac Escalade drag racing a 2011 R35 GT-R and beating it.
For reference, this Caddy is outfitted with the HPE1000 twin-turbo package, Hennessey's top of the line performance kit for the Escalade. Other options include the HPE435, the HPE500 and HPE575 supercharged packages, and the HPE800 twin-turbo package.
By Phil Alex

VIDEO

__________________________________________________ _____________________
CADILLAC ESCALADE HPE1000 SPECIFICATIONS

From Hennessey:

Hennessey HPE1000 Twin Turbo Upgrade
Available for 2007 - 2011 6.2L GM SUV & Trucks
Tahoe, Suburban, Silverado, Yukon, Sierra, Escalade & H2
Power:
• 1008 bhp @ 5,900 rpm
• 967 lb-ft torque @ 3,700 rpm
Performance:
• 0 - 60 mph: 3.3 sec.
• 11.3 sec. @ 124 mph
Performance figures are based on the 2011 Cadillac Escalade running on 93 octane fuel. Other truck and SUV performance numbers may vary due to the size and weight of the vehicle.
HPE1000 Twin Turbo Upgrade Includes:
• Forged & Balanced 427 cid LSX Engine
• High Flow Cylinder Heads
• Hennessey HPE1000 Camshaft
• Intake Manifold Upgrade
• Upgraded Fuel Injectors
• Upgraded Fuel System (Pump, Lines & Rails)
• Twin Ball Bearing Turbochargers
• Dual Wastegates
• Air-to-Air Intercooler
• Dual K&N Air Filters
• Electronic Boost Controller
• HPE Stainless Steel Turbo Manifolds
• High Flow Catalytic Converters
• Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust
• 160 Degree Thermostat
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• Serial Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• 1 Year / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty
Hennessey's HPE1000 Escalade Cracks 60 in 3.3 Sec, bests Nissan's GT-R [with Video] - Carscoop
Source Link above

Last edited by Space; 04-27-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Looks great, but what many do not know is Hennessey has a very bad reputation, especially amongst chrysler/dodge folks, accused and proven to steal parts, and even take parts off of one customers car in the shop, and put on another, just to get a car completed, when confronted about this online, he became very hostile with bad customer service...just an fyi in case anyone here was planning on buying one lol.

Joe

Old 04-27-2011, 03:20 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Thats a wicked escalade & yeah hennessey has done that to my dads friends SRT jeep when it was there getting work done, alot of these big shops are bad about steaing parts off customers cars

Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Question Buyer's BEWARE ? ? ?

Originally Posted by Montess2k
Looks great, but what many do not know is Hennessey has a very bad reputation, especially amongst chrysler/dodge folks, accused and proven to steal parts, and even take parts off of one customers car in the shop, and put on another, just to get a car completed, when confronted about this online, he became very hostile with bad customer service...just an fyi in case anyone here was planning on buying one lol.

Joe

Hi `Joe, & thanks 4 the heads-up. I hope it was just a few employee's that did wrong. I will do more research on this subject. I've only seen them in magazine's & online, but the reviews have been positive on his product. It's sad in our World that we have to question honesty with the companies that we deal with...To me, it should not `be.
I believe many of our problems in our country or our world, is because of dishonesty, or the lack of integrity!!.
(Sorry~>SoapBox: ) Who do we trust ? ?
===========================================
And now, more SuperSuper Mod Rides from Hennesey
"Buyer BeWare by `all 4 anything you `Buy $" $

VIDEO: R&T Takes Hennessey's Venom GT Out on the Track

Monday, December 20, 2010 | 5 Comments »
Remember Hennessey’s barnstorming, 1,200 hp (895 kW) Venom GT? Well its back and the journalistic titans at Road & Track have driven it. And there’s a video, to boot. Weighing in at a lithe 2,685 lbs (1,218 kg), the...

Hennessey Unleashes the Supercharged HPE600 Camaro with 602HP

Friday, November 12, 2010 | 10 Comments »
Hennessey Performance has released another performance upgrade for Chevy's new Camaro SS, called the HPE600, based on 2010-2011 LS3 or L99 powered versions. It encompasses, among other things, a TVS2300 Supercharger System,...

Hennessey's Venom GT is a Corvette-Powered Elise with 1,200HP

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 | 8 Comments »
Some say you can't make a Lotus any better. Well, maybe they haven't head of Hennessey and its SEMA Show-bound Venom GT. The American firm's new toy is based on the Lotus Elise and, in its flagship version, comes equipped...

SEMA Show: Hennessey's Carbon Fiber-Wrapped Hyundai Genesis Coupe with 500HP

Thursday, October 29, 2009 | 7 Comments »
The Hyundai Genesis Coupe appears to be gathering the attention of tuners at this year's SEMA Show. For this particular proposal, Hyundai Motor America teamed up with Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) and the firm's...

Hennessey Z700: Track-Ready 2010 Corvette ZR1 with 705HP, 775HP or 1000HP

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 | 6 Comments »
Eager to satisfy those who believe that too much horsepower is never enough, Hennessey Performance Engineering has introduced an uber-Corvette in the form of the 2010 ZR1-based Z700. The American tuner claims that the track-orientated...

Hennessey’s 725 Hp & 190 MPH Turbocharged Dodge Challenger SRT700

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 | 3 Comments »
It was only a matter of time before we started seeing tuning propositions for Dodge’s highly anticipated Challenger Coupe. Hennessey Performance, which is widely known for their Dodge Viper

Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well duh it won, it left the line early.... I do'nt see the point, lets see the race after a couple of small corners.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Well duh it won, it left the line early.... I do'nt see the point, lets see the race after a couple of small corners.

Hi `Duane,
I don't think the Caddy was built 2 compete with the Nissan, but to me it was just a `fun run of two totally different vehicles. It was just a straight line race between an Elephant & a wild cougar.

I'm sure it would have been a different story `if it was a pro run test on a race course

I enjoyed seeing a 2 & a half ton SUV with over 1000 HP run
with the GT-R WoW...& turn those kind of times : )

Thanks 4 your opinion & post(s) Peace`Out, from `Space

Old 04-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Coyboy, love the new sig. I also dont agree with the video. but that suv wasnt built to take on a track, just the drag strip. if they wanted to make a car to run with the GT-R on the track they would have. The GT-R is an amazing car, but i would much rather make a car fast then buy it fast. so thats why i would have to side with the clunker. Plus it made the video interesting!(even if it cheated)

Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 AM

Thanks `Joe for your post & infor concerning Hennessey.
You do keep up on the Auto News & we appreciate you sharing with the MCF.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is the information I found on Hennessey.
It's interesting, but this is one side of the story.
Posted for your information & for member's concerned to form their own opinion.

Has anyone had any problems with Hennessey Performance? - Viper ...

30 posts - 19 authors - Last post: Aug 1, 2010
Stewart's suit claims Hennessey sold the car's engine, transmission, ... There plenty of Viper builders/tuners out there who do not have Henessey's baggage. ... (CA) have pretty solid reputations in the Viper community. ...
forums.viperclub.org › ... › RT/10 and GTS Discussions - Cached - Similar

Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow - after reading some of that I wouldn't touch Henessey with a 10 foot pole. But the final products from there (when or if they are ever finished) prove that you can always "make it badder" - well, almost always.

What would he do with a VW? Something like the 2004 Volkswagon Golf HPA R32? People often confuse these car with reliable production cars. The same applies to many expensive exotic cars, made in very limited production, that have been super-extracted

Its like an ugly woman in make-up and well done up. You can take her home, but one day your going wake up next to something that'll scare the **** outta ya and cost a lot to fix!

Last edited by JuniorCar; 04-28-2011 at 08:40 AM.