Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Do You???

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default Do You???

I was detailing the Monte and one of the guys asked why I was using the tire dressing on all the door seals, sunroof seals, truck seals, etc. I told him, first; I judge a car by not what I see is maintained, but what I see IS NOTmaintained. Waxing the door, truck, and hood jams not only makes the appears look better, but it serves a more important role of allowing the car to drain all the water off of it more efficently. I dress the seals to keep them as fresh as the day it was manufactured -- thus reducing the chance of its failure, as well as helping it to maintain its seal to reduce road noise. Keeping the Sunroof gasket/seal is critical to preventing leaks.

He was like, I never though of that. Well now you know. So I ask you, do you wax the metal and dress all the plastic and rubber in all your jams? Heck I clean and wax my entire wheel wells -- but we'll see if I maintain that part once Winter hits -- I probably keep'em clean, but not waxed.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Default RE: Do You???

i do the same thing you do. every nook and cranny gets cleaned. UNTIL winter hits. i have to wait for a nice day where i can do those little nooks without having to worry about freezing my doors shut

the main thing i do when doing the interior of my car is the weatherstripping along the doors (mainly on the bottom) alot of dirt, rocks, dust, etc. gets into there and if it's left for too long is when you see leaks in your weatherstripping. It's the little things that count on making a car look like it just rolled off the assembly line rather then an auction block