Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

before & after

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009 | 07:16 PM
|
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS Monte
Awesome job!!

Ok, I do not feel bad being the short one. I have to have Kevin wash right in the middle of my car on top because I cannot reach!!

hahaha yeah, it was definitely easier to wash my little corolla, at least i could reach across the back window and most of the top! i'll take the struggle of washing the MC over that thing any day though. much more gratifying! i am lucky my bf is 6'4". even with my little stepstool in the kitchen i still can barely reach the top shelf

Old 04-23-2009 | 08:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Black cars are a lot of work. I used to have an '84 Firebird looked like KITT. Using detailer instead of wax will give you that finished look a little easier.

Old 04-23-2009 | 08:44 PM
|

i have the quick detailer too. it does work great. i almost went over the car with it today at work because i was so bored. it was too damn cold out though.

Old 05-01-2009 | 10:22 AM
Default Love the car : )

I love the car! Really nice!! Have you tried armour all "gloss" ? I personally love that stuff and the shine really comes out on the vinyl.

http://www.cardomain.com/my/edit_page?page_id=817176

Thats my car, she needs some body work now and a new paint job Have a few dents on the side and rear since people don't know how to drive a car

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
ok so i promise i won't post pics EVERY time i wash my car, but you guys have to see the nastiness that was my poor car earlier today. i went to go grab lunch and came out to this. i almost cried. i was rather embarrassed driving down the street! it rained just a little bit last night, just enough to wet the car. dried overnight, resulting in......

washed, dried, waxed, cleaned the tires, scrubbed the rims, cleaned the glass, cleaned/conditioned all the leather front and back, and cleaned the whole interior. i even got on the stepladder so i could clean the top of the car and the glass on the sunroof. which was not fun, since a.) i'm deathly afraid of heights and b.) the stepladder wobbles like crazy. but i made it! i'm quite sore and am hungry all over again and i still have to pack (work road trip leaving tomorrow till wednesday), but my car is clean!!!!

Old 05-01-2009 | 10:53 AM
|

thanks! i haven't tried the armor all Gloss. I use either Meguiar's or Lexol on my leather. i've heard some adverse stories about armor all drying out and cracking dashes, i don't know if it would have the same effect on leather? i don't know if i would want to take my chances though.

i can't see the pics of your car, i don't have a cardomain page (too lazy lol) but you should post some in the new members section and introduce yourself to the rest of the forum family

Old 05-01-2009 | 08:27 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by TORONTOLSMONTE
I love the car! Really nice!! Have you tried armour all "gloss" ? I personally love that stuff and the shine really comes out on the vinyl.

http://www.cardomain.com/my/edit_page?page_id=817176

Thats my car, she needs some body work now and a new paint job Have a few dents on the side and rear since people don't know how to drive a car
I think this may be the correct link:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/817176

Old 05-01-2009 | 08:36 PM
|

oh thanks! 'sa nice car!!