Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Quixx High Performance Scratch Repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry Quixx High Performance Scratch Repair

So I recently rummaged through my car care products cabinet and happen to notice that I bought Quixx High Performance Scratch Repair about a Year ago. Its a 2-3 Step system that supposedly gets rid of those scratches and deep scratches. For the Deep scratches, the ones you can feel with your fingernail, you use wet 3,000 grit sandpaper to "smooth" away the scratch, then use the repair cream(1), then the polish cream(2) to make the scratch disappear. Seeing the video about it, I decided to give it a shot. After following Exact Instructions, I still saw the scratch. The scratch I tried it on was a deep one, not deep enough to see primer thank god. Spent 20 mins wet sanding that crap. IS THERE ANY WAY TO REMOVE THESE UNGODLY SCRATCHES AND NICKS?????

Old 05-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i used compound on my car, but that only takes care of color transfer ( say someone rubbed their car on your bumper and now theres big black marks on it) and light scraches, along with the " swirling" scraches that appear when i havent waxed in a while. it wont repair deep scraches ( like if someone keyed the side of your car) its about as involved as waxing your car, but you have to wash the car, compound, then re-wash and wax afterwards. it works almost like wetsanding, the compound goes on like wax, but has a super fine grit ( depending on color of the container - red is more aggressive than green) and you can find it in any place that sells car care prouducts.

i had both the above situations on my monte, i used the green and only did the bumpers and where someone keyed the side, it removed most of the key marks except the ones down to the primer, and worked wonders on the color transfer, but takes away the shine ( very scary) untill you rewash and wax the car.
it should take a whole weekend for an entire car, sat. to compound and sun. to wash & wax

i would not suggest red, it is probibly safer to use the green.

i would wait before you try this untill you have some better info, mines kinda vauge...

Old 05-02-2009, 07:01 PM

lol hey any info is a great start.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:01 PM

a buddy of mine says that if you have an orbital buffer (over 6000rpm) and use that to apply a product called cherry wet wax it can fill most scratches and also cleans the paint really well it will also remove heavy oxidation then you just take a clean microfiber cloth (after it is dry ) and lightly dust whatever is left as a dry powder but you have to be careful because if you use the buffers with a higher rpm it can actually remove a clearcoat if left in one spot too long

Old 05-02-2009, 11:03 PM

i should also tell you that you have to apply the wax directly to the buffer pad dont put it on the car then take the buffer to it it leave streaks where you put the wax on the pait if you dont put it on the pad

Old 05-03-2009, 06:17 PM

ok i am about to tell the secret about buffing, you can apply on the car just do glob it on. If you glob it on it will go every where.....not kidding. I use Meguries ulitimate compound it still cuts into the clear leaving a shinny smooth finish. Now when apply use pressure and drag the buffer dont go to fast or you will leave swril marks... thats bad. When useing a buffer you are heating up the surface and leaving it on one spot will burn. If this happends put a little bit more compond on it and go over it again. Plastic will heat up faster than metal. Ok so when you apply put pressure ./ Now go over it again lightly useing no pressure at all this is called polishing./ Now something you should no before getting started is if you can see your skin color in the paint you should use a form pad lighter colors should use a wool pad. Now about the deep scrach ur not gotta get that out with a buffer you need to buy a color match pen. Now wet sand that scratch with 400, 600, 800, 1000 grit sandpaper use the pen sand again. Now go to a auto parts store and but real clear cote and go over it. That the best i can tell ya.

Belive me i no a lil bit

Last edited by gothkid; 05-03-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by dirty mech
a buddy of mine says that if you have an orbital buffer (over 6000rpm) and use that to apply a product called cherry wet wax it can fill most scratches and also cleans the paint really well it will also remove heavy oxidation then you just take a clean microfiber cloth (after it is dry ) and lightly dust whatever is left as a dry powder but you have to be careful because if you use the buffers with a higher rpm it can actually remove a clearcoat if left in one spot too long
holy cow 6000 rpms??????? i buff fresh paint at 2000. you will wipe your paint right off at that speed.

bu otherwise you will never get the scratch to go away. you smoothed it and its shiney. thats the best it will get with out repaint. just be glad your car is silver